What games are you playing? Autumn 2011 Edition

#261Failed_LegendPosted 1/7/2012 4:25:49 PM
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP):

I was able to finish this up with not too much trouble. I enjoyed the ending, I just wish i could play God of War 3.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP):

Started this up again and trying to finish it up before leaving back for college. Im up to the final boss on Ventus's Story. I'm currently lvl 33 and I want to level up to about 38 since Vanitas keeps whooping me.

Unrelated stuff:

Got back into reading during break, and the first book I finished was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I enjoyed except the beginning was a bit slow.
---
GT: Infamy Reigns. Currently Playing: Gears of War 3 (X360), FIFA 12 (X360)
#262CymeryPosted 1/7/2012 8:40:19 PM
Got around to pre-ordering FF13-2 while I have no expectations for this game I'm a sucker when it comes to time travelling books and games so this is a curiosity that's going to cost me around $67ish. Also pre-ordered Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning I've been waiting for this game since I first saw it on tv during E3. I'm also a big fan of R.A. Salvatore's books so since he wrote the game's story it should be really good.

@Failed_Legend - Yeah that book is pretty good but I liked the second book better.

Fire Emblem - Finished Eliwood's story and started Hectors.

Trinity Universe - Can't get into this game at the moment so I'm shelving it, just made it to chapter 3 at level 17.

Final Fantasy 13 - Finally got the floraphobe trophy, nearly got the superstar trophy but missed out on it by about 10 seconds so I'll have to retry it.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - Got the main character up to level 23. Managed to get the flame and purification god trophies as well as the finish master trophy.

Sly 3 - Started episode 3.

Dragon Age Origins - About to head into the deep roads.
---
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
#263Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/9/2012 11:52:09 AM
So, someday soon, most likely tomorrow, I'll have the funds to make a major gaming purchase. It's boiled down to expanding my 3DS collection or a PS3. After talking it over with my wife, she sided with the PS3 and a few games. Either way, it doesn't break the bank and allows for future purchases.

Sometimes, I really wish I wasn't so indecisive... I can see myself pacing around the store tomorrow trying to decide on what to go with... The PS3 has a pretty damn big library of games that I want...but then again, my 3DS library is rather dismal.

Geh! Anyways...

Pokemon Rumble Blast

Well, I just beat the story and now the insane post game has opened up. I hear it's rather soul sucking, but I just like the fact that I can go back to previous levels and get decent pokemon. Prior to beating it, going back to stage one would yield absurdly weak pokemon. The post game makes them catch up in strength.

Star Trek Online

Free 2 Play hasn't launched, but since I had a sub I get early access. Yay? Not having to pay for the game is huge plus and the fact that my main hasn't lost anything in the conversion... well, it may just be the perfect f2p MMORPG for me. Got caught up with the guild and good times have been had.
#264CymeryPosted 1/10/2012 8:40:57 PM
Fire Emblem - Completed Hectors story and so ends the whole game I wish Fire Emblem Sacred Stones was as good as this game but it didn't happen.

Assassin's Creed 2 - Finally got all the feathers and got the cape giving me two new trophies. All I need to do is get the sweeper and no hitter trophies and I'll have a new platinum. Hoping to have this completed totally by the end of the weekend with the snowstorms on the way I might just get it done sooner.
---
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
#265Failed_LegendPosted 1/11/2012 4:59:05 PM(edited)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)

Finished up Ven's story and will probably start and finish Aqua's story when I come back home for Summer.

Professor Layton and the Last Specter (NDS)

Finished this up in about two days and it was amazing. Great puzzles and a great story, one of two which had me shed a tear.

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (GBA)

thinking about taking this one with me back to school and it'll be my only game from now till Summer, so I should be alright.
---
GT: Infamy Reigns. Currently Playing: Gears of War 3 (X360), FIFA 12 (X360)
#266Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/11/2012 8:12:56 PM
Plans fell through... again....>_> I think I'm just gonna ignore consoles this gen...

Pokemon Rumble Blast

Caught two Latias in my hunt for the ever elusive gold making rumpus room. The grind for gold to increase the world rank is going to make this a long haul.

Kirby's Dreamland GB via 3DS

Another month, another set of games to get with Club Nintendo coins. Picked this one up and was instantly slammed by the nostalgia bus. Man, I remember playing this waaaay back. Backlighting and savestates make this awesome. I look forward to expanding my VC collection on the 3DS. I'm up to stage four.

Star Trek Online

Tactical character hit cap tonight. That makes two now. My Science officer is pretty fresh though. Some of the changes they made to this are pretty well done. This is how the game should have been from the start.
#267CymeryPosted 1/11/2012 9:27:09 PM
We did get hit with a snowstorm after all and classes were cancelled. The next one is scheduled to hit during the early hours of friday morning here's hoping for the start of a early weekend.

Assassin's Creed 2 - Got my 13th platinum after getting the sweeper and no hitter trophies. On the whole the no hitter was the hardest to get after all the feather collecting.

Bioshock 2 - Beat the game again and got the research master and all weapons upgrades trophies and restarted the game on the hardest difficulty which is the last trophy I need to get in order to platinum this game.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - Got the battle master trophy and I've moved to a better area to level faster. I need to get the characters to the max levels so far Tepeu is level 26/31 and the Majin level 13/21.
---
#268CymeryPosted 1/12/2012 8:49:27 PM
Can't wait for the weekend I've only one class to get through on friday and then its sweet freedom until monday. That second snowstorm has supposedly changed into a freezing rain storm instead I hope the weather dude is wrong this time I don't handle ice too well :(

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - Beat. Pretty good game on the whole I give it a 8/10. This is my second platinum this month and my 14th platinum in total.
---
#269CheckedItPosted 1/12/2012 10:24:13 PM
I just beat "Heavenly Sword", really enjoyed it despite a few shortcomings. Wish I had checked it out earlier.

I am also playing "Adventures Of Shuggy" on XBLA. Literally a hidden gem, it is such a blast. I had bought this ages ago but I somehow forgot about it and never got a chance to play it until these past few weeks.

I am also about to receive "Chulip" in the mail, I remember seeing some previews for this game back when it originally came out in Japan but I totally blanked on it until I was browsing youtube and found out that it did get localized so I bought it.

Debating on whether or not I want to replay "Harvest Moon Magical Melody".
#270Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/13/2012 11:15:00 PM
Brought some new 3DS games today...

Nano Assault

Wow...this game is rough. It looks amazing, plays well too, but one shot death... Oh well, it's still a great game.

Mario Kart 7

My bread and butter until SM3DL arrives. This has exceeded my expectations by a ton. A massive ton....and I haven't even gone online yet. Great fun with this one.

Chrono Trigger DS

Yeah, it's not a 3DS game but... oh well. I had to pick this one up again. I started a new game plus off of the save file already there but that got boring quick. I'll be starting fresh once more either tonight or tomorrow.