What games are you playing? Autumn 2011 Edition

#281CheckedItPosted 1/17/2012 12:16:28 AM
House Of The Dead Overkill is such a good game. I have put hundreds of hours into both versions of the game.
#282DeltaBladeXPosted 1/17/2012 1:26:33 AM
Final Fantasy XIII - Chapter 7, 15 hours on my save. Got Snow back and got a 6th character at the same time.
---
I'm not lazy, I just don't care
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeX
#283IsolatedWarriorPosted 1/17/2012 8:47:05 AM
CheckedIt posted...
House Of The Dead Overkill is such a good game. I have put hundreds of hours into both versions of the game.

How are the new levels on the PS3-extended cut?
---
"Include me out!"
#284CymeryPosted 1/17/2012 8:38:22 PM
Tried the Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning demo and it could very well be my game of the year for 2012.

Sly 3 - Platinum #15. The challenges in episode 6 were the hardest to get causing mass frustration complete with swearing. Now that Sly 3 is complete I can move on with the other games.
---
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
#285Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/18/2012 7:12:48 PM
Cymery posted...
Tried the Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning demo and it could very well be my game of the year for 2012.

Sly 3 - Platinum #15. The challenges in episode 6 were the hardest to get causing mass frustration complete with swearing. Now that Sly 3 is complete I can move on with the other games.

What system did you try it on? I just played a bit on the PC, and it's rather broken. I have to disable vsync and postprossing effects to get the game to show anything but a blank screen.
It did look rather bland and the screen tearing didn't help either...

However, the game itself flowed very well. It almost felt...no, it felt a lot like Fable, but took it to the next level. I'm hoping the release version doesn't have these bugs though.

Super Mario 3D Land

Beginning of world 4. Extremely fun times were had.

Chrono Trigger

Just arrived at the Future Era for the first time. What a depressing place. May do some leveling if I can.I really hate the next boss.
#286CymeryPosted 1/18/2012 8:48:22 PM
@Nagisa - I played the ps3 version. Graphically it reminds me of Eternal Sonata very bright and colorful. Other people have complained about freezing but I never came across it so naturally I've got nothing to complain about the demo :)

Infamous - Found all dead drops, took over the warren, and only need to get 23 more blast shards all of which will be in the historic district.

Final Fantasy 9 - Found another constellation thing and I'm in a castle currently level 31 party.

Xenogears - Had another two boss fights. Won the first but lost to the second. Need to get Bart's gear equipment upgraded if possible as his attacks do no damage to the bosses.
---
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
#287PhazonInfused22Posted 1/19/2012 1:44:23 AM
Skyrim - Just finished the Thieves Guild storyline.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - I've played it for an hour and I'm bored of it already. Shouldn't have played Brotherhood so much before starting it,
---
Zvarri!
#288LORDCOSMOS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 2:54:57 PM
Minecraft

I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way "To The Ending"

-Mined some Diamond. Crafted Diamond Pickaxe.
-Mined some Obsidian. Crafted Nether Portal.
-Made it to the Nether
-Made a mostly-complete map, then fell into a bottomless chasm and lost it.
-4 completed Pyramids or Pyramid-like structures.
-2 Unfinished Pyramids.
-Underground-Underwater tunnels connecting certain Pyramids.
-2 Discovered Mine Complexes.

Up Next:
-Mining
-Crafting
-Battles, both in the Overworld and in The Nether
-Craft Item that lets me find Fortresses.
-Find Fortresses
-Find End Gate
-Unlock End Gate
-Travel to The End

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Almost Lv27 Jedi Sage. I'm finding it hard to pull myself from Minecraft long enough to play this. I have another 2+ months, so I should try and get my money's worth.

Earthbound

Grinding skate punks for Hamburgers.

Maniac Mansion

I have yet to enter the Mansion. I chose the New Wave Guy and the Punk Girl, naturally. After we get out of this mess, we're gonna make some Punk/New Wave music. :D

E.V.O. (not DEVO)

Currently stuck on my first land-based boss. I've increased my attack and jumping ability, now for some defense.

Super Mario 3D Land

World 3. Some of these Star Coins are very tricky! I'm just glad there's not 7 obscure collectables as with Super Mario 64. Loving the Tanooki Suit.

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2

World 2. Seriously the prettiest SNES game, IMHO. Solid platforming, though I hate hearing the shrill sound of Baby Mario's shrieking.

Pushmo

Around 60 puzzles in. First-party Nintendo puzzle goodness? Yeah, I'm in.

Games I need to finish:

Dark Souls

Currently getting destroyed in Duke's Archives.

Project Snowblind

Currently getting destroyed by cloaking 'Ghosts' in the sewers. All games have sewer levels, I swear.

Digital Devil Saga 2

At a standstill who-knows-where.
---
WU-TANG CLAN FOREVER RIP ODB SHAOLIN STYLE 4 LIFE
XBL: L0RDC0SM0S PSN:Spacekat
#289Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/20/2012 7:40:44 PM
I love collecting DS games.... I don't know what it is, but... I just like having a stack of them around. I just brought Dragon Quest IX, and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. I need to find an insert for my Phantasy Star Zero copy... >_>

Super Mario 3D Land

Just got up to world 6. Very fun.

Chrono Trigger

Heading back to Middle Ages. This section of the game is my least favorite so I may just be sitting here for a while...

Mario Kart 7

Need to 3 star the Star Cup and then I'm done with 50cc. Beat the first two cups on 100cc.

Civilization V

Just beat my first match, 17 hours via Science Victory. I hit the one more turn button and now have an infinite game. I'm going to let the other Civs catch up in technology and then have The War To End All Wars!. Cathrine of Russia will be rather difficult since she literally owns all of North America and South America...while I own all of Europe and Asia...this is going to be crazy...

Sadly, the Spring semester has started and I'm already knee deep in course work. Strangely, these courses all seem to be self paced. I literally have a US History class that consists of four tests...take them by May something... good luck...@_@;; Oh well... I just hope all this free time isn't dangerous...
#290CymeryPosted 1/20/2012 8:52:51 PM
We got hit with another snowstorm and so my only class of the day was cancelled.

Dragon Age: Origins - Got the dragonslayer trophy and got pretty close to level 17.

Bioshock 2 - In a new area having a hard time keeping amo, health, and eve in the hard mode.

Prince of Persia - Finally killed a boss for good this time around or so I think. Also found 500+ lightseeds.

White Knight Chronicles - Gr grinding at the moment. Got my points down to 1 million 994,000 until gr 11. Maybe by the end of april I'll reach rank 11 but I hope that it will happen sooner.
---