The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction or Spiderman 2?

#1PitfallMarioPosted 7/2/2012 12:51:08 PM
Which one is the better superhero game? Or is there another game worthy of mention for the PS2?
#2BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/2/2012 1:22:47 PM
Depends on which superhero do you like better? I'd say Spider-Man 2, but its just one opinion.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
#3wstfldPosted 7/2/2012 1:36:40 PM
I like Hulk. Was a fun game. Spiderman has yet to feel right in a game.
---
Last Played: Split/Second - (8/10) Underrated and overlooked.
Now Playing: Castlevania SOTN, Uncharted 3, Vanquish
#4sketchturnerPosted 7/2/2012 4:29:50 PM
Spider Man 2 felt awesome for whizzing around the city web-slinging. However, I found the combat and missions very uninspiring. Once the novelty of web-slinging starts to fade, you realize you are left with a decent but fairly dull game. The combat can get pretty aggravating due to poor controls.

Meanwhile, Hulk: UD is easily the best superhero game EVER made. The combat is silky-smooth, intricate, and only gets to be more awesome throughout the game. You absolutely FEEL like the Hulk both in movement and fighting abilities. It's incredible. Nothing beats running straight up the side of a skyscraper and then doing a body slam on a tank, or grabbing a helicopter out of mid-air and riding it down to a crash-landing. I think there are around 150 moves that you gradually unlock throughout the game and by the end of it you feel completely bad-ass. You feel powerful at the beginning as well, but it's nothing compared to fully powered-up Hulk. That said, the enemies [and especially bosses] get progressively harder, so it never stops being a challenge. Great music, insane replay value, monstrous boss fights--it's just a terrific game all-around.
---
Best games ever:Body Harvest, Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Rayman Origins, Shadow of the Colossus
#5wstfldPosted 7/2/2012 4:36:22 PM
Spider Man 2 felt awesome for whizzing around the city web-slinging. However, I found the combat and missions very uninspiring. Once the novelty of web-slinging starts to fade, you realize you are left with a decent but fairly dull game. The combat can get pretty aggravating due to poor controls.

Meanwhile, Hulk: UD is easily the best superhero game EVER made. The combat is silky-smooth, intricate, and only gets to be more awesome throughout the game. You absolutely FEEL like the Hulk both in movement and fighting abilities. It's incredible. Nothing beats running straight up the side of a skyscraper and then doing a body slam on a tank, or grabbing a helicopter out of mid-air and riding it down to a crash-landing. I think there are around 150 moves that you gradually unlock throughout the game and by the end of it you feel completely bad-ass. You feel powerful at the beginning as well, but it's nothing compared to fully powered-up Hulk. That said, the enemies [and especially bosses] get progressively harder, so it never stops being a challenge. Great music, insane replay value, monstrous boss fights--it's just a terrific game all-around.

Batman Arkham City says hello.
---
Last Played: Split/Second - (8/10) Underrated and overlooked.
Now Playing: Castlevania SOTN, Uncharted 3, Vanquish
#6raymanfan1Posted 7/2/2012 5:43:35 PM
I felt that Ultimate Spider-Man was better than Spider-Man 2 in every way. So if you want to take that one into consideration, then I think that's the best of them all.
---
One Thousand Points!
#7Shadow2LifePosted 7/2/2012 7:56:48 PM
The Incredible Hulk > Spiderman 2
---
It's probably not that serious. 2nd or 3rd aid will do.
#8pastamastaPosted 7/2/2012 11:51:52 PM
I felt that Ultimate Spider-Man was better than Spider-Man 2 in every way. So if you want to take that one into consideration, then I think that's the best of them all.

Except those races - oh god, I just had a flashback...
---
"There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased chamber."(Revolver Ocelot,MGS) -Sick metaphor ahoy!
#9sketchturnerPosted 7/3/2012 8:36:20 AM
wstfld posted...
Batman Arkham City says hello.

Sorry, I've never played either Arkham Asylum or City, so I forget they exist.
---
Favorite games: Body Harvest, Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask, MP2: Echoes, Other M, Rayman Origins, Shadow of the Colossus
#10wolfensoul9Posted 7/4/2012 5:12:27 AM
Never played any Hulk games, but Spiderman 2 is in my opinion, the best licensed game I've ever played. Which isn't saying a whole lot, admittedly, as I haven't played many.

I really just adore the game, mainly because all of Spidey's actions, combat or otherwise, feel so...natural. It's like I'm in his head. I dunno, might just be me. Plus, the way they recreated NYC in such staggering detail is really quite cool, and you can just such a rush once you get really good at zipping through the city skyscrapers.

Nothing but fond memories of that game, and hell, I'm still not done with it. There's like a BAJILLION hidden tokens, and challenges and whatnot. I DARE you to try and find them all.

Plus, Bruce Cambell.
---
Disciple of the Void.