Best PS2 racing games?

#1sketchturnerPosted 7/2/2012 4:37:27 PM
I'm about to buy Burnout Revenge. Are there are any other top-quality racing games you'd recommend? I don't care about simulators like Gran Turismo. I enjoy arcade racers such as:

Beetle Adventure Racing
Diddy Kong Racing
Excitebots
Rush 2049
SSX 3

I am only interested in games for single player.
---
Favorite games: Body Harvest, Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask, MP2: Echoes, Other M, Rayman Origins, Shadow of the Colossus
#2SagovicPosted 7/2/2012 4:52:13 PM
Xgra,WipEout Fusion, XGIII and Kinetica are my favourites ps2 racing games. They are awesome.

If you like racing games, those should be in your collection.
---
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
#3VCarterMossPosted 7/2/2012 5:01:32 PM
Haven't played it, but Jak X seems like a fun arcade racer.
#4wstfldPosted 7/2/2012 5:09:40 PM
Tourist Trophy or whatever that motorcycle one was. Loved that.
---
Last Played: Split/Second - (8/10) Underrated and overlooked.
Now Playing: Castlevania SOTN, Uncharted 3, Vanquish
#5psfanatix18Posted 7/2/2012 9:33:56 PM
Nope, BurnOut: Revenge is as good as it gets
---
You are your own personal reflection...
PSN: psfanatix
#6SaturnFanPLPosted 7/2/2012 11:07:31 PM
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, last PS2 NFS before they went tuning/undergound crazy, also the last one with Ferraris, worth a try, definetely.

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, if you liked original one then there's no need to reccommend this one, you'll love it. If you never played Outrun, think whether the idea of drifting at 280 km/h almost constantly appeals to you. Very relaxing game, pretty much defines the word "arcade".

Star Wars Racer Revenge, it actually was my first PS2 racing game, it also has an element of combat to it (smashing opponents into pieces).

Flatout 2, it's like a more dirty version of burnout, really good damage visualisation, might get frustrating at times.

Need for Speed Most Wanted, PS2 version is pretty poor visually but if you can look past that what you'll see is arguably the best NFS game for the system, next to Hot Pursuit but they have a different approach, although both feature police chases.

Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, many people wanted that to hit the PS3 as well.

Test Drive Unlimited, features a HUGE open world map, some features were cut down from the next-gen version (including, above all, Ferrari cars, no idea why) but it still remains a solid game, also - cockpit view for every car.

Shox, PS2 equivalent of Sega Rally, made by EA Big.

Burnout 2, I know you're getting Revenge but 2 is still a relevant game of the series, it's "pre-EA" and has a different feel to it, it's more about racing than fighting and flashy crashes (although crashes here are also nice), I still find it difficult to answer whether I like Burnout 2 or 3 more, good to have both.

Test Drive Eve of Destrucion (Driven to Destruction in Europe), brilliant, if overlooked game. Think of it as "a Destruction Derby fan's wet dream", Flatout 2 has a similar theme but is more dynamic and wacky, this one stays more faithful to what it's based on, actual demolition derby events.
---
http://backloggery.com/sonix90
http://pl.youtube.com/user/SaturnFanPL - check it for new Sega Saturn and Playstation 2 gameplay videos.
#7Breastmilkn_DipPosted 7/2/2012 11:12:02 PM
ATV Offroad Fury
Kinetica
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
V.Rally 3
Wipeout Pulse
XG3
XGRA
---
lysa_tully.nom
#8rswsc0407Posted 7/3/2012 5:30:10 AM
psfanatix18 posted...
Nope, BurnOut: Revenge is as good as it gets

^This, especially for Arcade style racing games. That's why I don't understand why people always say Burnout 3 is the best one, Revenge is just as good, I think it's better because of the ability to wreck the traffic that's going in the same direction as you are as long as it's not a huge vehicle, like a semi or bus.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
#9ZenithianHeroPosted 7/3/2012 6:06:49 AM(edited)
I have Ridge Racer V and Outrun 2006. Great games I would say.
#10DJ_GunnerPosted 7/3/2012 6:25:50 AM
My personal favorite racnig game of all time Is Midnight Club II. Absolutely no joke, and if you are looking for a game that will test your skills and resolve, this is it.
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5