Post your PS2 System Buying Experiences Here! *Nostalgia Thread*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Post your PS2 System Buying Experiences Here! *Nostalgia Thread*

User Info: Jezusx

Jezusx
4 years ago#11
Once upon a time...

Back on Summer 2002 I graduated 8th grade.. the only reason I wanted a new console was because the Dreamcast died which was sad because I loved that console.. I had three options PS2/XBOX/Gamecube.. in the end I chose PS2 because the majority of the games SONY had at the time were awesome unlike the competition my dad wanted to get me the PS1 I refused..

the price dropped to 200$ he said the console was expensive so I saved 50$ and my mom gave me 50$ since I did good in my last school final tests he decided to get me the PS2.. we went to Sam Goody it was a special day can't forget,, my first game was State of Emergency (29.99$) + a memory card (25.00$)

I played State of Emergency all night till passing out.. who could have thought I was gonna end up playing the PS2 in 2012 and getting more than 100+ games the console was just the best out of those three.. I miss the good ol days whenever a new PS2 game came out always got it at the release date or same release week with the 50$ price tag unlike now because I can't afford a next gen console..

Those times were AWESOME when DLC did not exist and most games coming out to the PS2 were exclusives..

OnJanuary 2005 there was a tragedy my Fat PS2 died.. few months later when my PS2 died I sold it to GameStop they gave me 50$ bucks giftcard which I spent in 3 PS2 games.. I literally spent 2 years and a half without a PS2 till summer 2007 when finally I got a Slim one for 100$ bucks on FYE.. in the mean time I got a lot of cheap brand new PS2 games + a few Genesis & Dreamcast used games just to be entertained though most of the time I beat all games fast in a few days.. that's my story! luckily my slim PS2 still works like brand new TODAY!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 2
  3. Post your PS2 System Buying Experiences Here! *Nostalgia Thread*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived