Audio Problem

#1EphameraPosted 7/10/2012 12:05:08 AM
Help guys, my ps2 makes loud noisy "ngiiiing" sound on my tv and the music is not as clear as it should. It's almost 2 weeks since the last time I use it. And last night, during my play, all of sudden I didn't hear anything from my tv. Then I found out I had to increase the volume. 20 vol is where I usually at is but now it's between 36 - 40 and there's this loud noisy "nging" sound along with it which is pretty much ruin the music sound. It's not tv problem as when I use it to watch tv program, I can hear everything at 20 vol without that noisy sound. Curious, I've tried it on another tv and it's same that I had to increase the volume and got that noisy sound.

It's weird that I never hear ps2 has audio problem. I'm planning to get new AV cable tonight just in case if it is the problem. Any thought if it is something else ? Please help.
---
It's not about something you can get by just a crying...
#2Breastmilkn_DipPosted 7/10/2012 7:22:31 AM
Not sure. Maybe some crosstalk from the cable (especially if it's SCART) or the PS2 connector port could benefit from a quick clean.
---
lysa_tully.nom
#3Ephamera(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 9:22:01 PM
After 7 km riding my motorbike in cold only to find out the store was closed. Damn. Another thing I've noticed that there's 'rainy sound' too. Yeah, going to check it out again tonight.
---
#4Ephamera(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 7:08:00 PM
I haven't had any chance with new cable as I'm out of town to work. However, I've tried it with my psx AV cable and it's same still. Basically the sound is scratchy as hell. I connect my tv to an amplifier that is connected to one speaker and subwoofer. When I turn it on, it doesn't produce any sound. But when I use my tv to watch tv program it works fine. Is it possible that my ps2 audio device thing got damaged ? How much if I'm going to fix it ?
---
#5Breastmilkn_DipPosted 7/12/2012 3:00:44 AM(edited)
I've tried it on another tv and it's same

I've tried it with my psx AV cable and it's same still.

That's pretty much conclusive. Personally, I wouldn't waste time, money or effort in trying to get it repaired. Chances are high that whomever you were to submit the PS2 to (including Sony) would assess the problem, deem it more trouble than it's worth and then come back to you with a replacement anyway.

The easiest and simplest option is to buy another PS2. There are plenty of excellent condition secondhand ones out there; check out local free ads and Ebay collection only auctions especially.
---
lysa-tully.nom
#6Lum_YatsuraPosted 7/12/2012 9:30:53 AM
Does your receiver allow optical audio? That might be an alternative.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#7Ephamera(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 7:16:47 PM
@Breast : Yeah last time I checked it, I was pretty sure it's console problem. I'll try to bring it to a friend when I get home.

@Lum : No. I'll just fine if I can hear the audio from my speaker. I simply just mute my tv.
---