The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why no Shadow Hearts love, especially SH:Covenant?

#1velvet_hammerPosted 7/14/2012 6:53:49 PM
IMO this is the best PS2 RPG money can buy, some others are really close but this is the one for me.. Why is it, in every rpg thread mentioning all the good ones this hardly gets brought up.. It even happens on ps3 board talking about what ps2 rpgs you want in HD, and this master piece gets mentioned maybe once but all the others mentioned a million times..

Is this game not as good as I think it is. Small crowd for this one? IDK I loved the dark mystery, grown up theme this series seemed to have. And its take on turn based combat was brilliant.. Maybe there just wasnt enough 11 year olds running around looking all cutesie, no dating simulator, or jpop flying across your screen....
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#2pastamastaPosted 7/14/2012 6:59:20 PM
Cast a spell? use the stupid ring.
Simply attack? use the stupid ring.
Pick up a penny? use the stupid ring.
Chuck a dump? use the ****ing stupid ring.
---
"There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased chamber."(Revolver Ocelot,MGS) -Sick metaphor ahoy!
#3velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 7:11:47 PM(edited)
pastamasta posted...
Cast a spell? use the stupid ring.
Simply attack? use the stupid ring.
Pick up a penny? use the stupid ring.
Chuck a dump? use the ****ing stupid ring.

which takes skill, timing and precision, and all that adds up to some nice bonus damage.. Heres every other turn based rpg with your logic

Cast a spell
Simply attack

Well guess I'm in the minority, everyone hated the ring
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#4pastamastaPosted 7/14/2012 7:33:25 PM(edited)
Yeah, but in case you didn't get my point, I don't want to expend effort in skill, timing, and precision for the most mundane of actions. Actually lets get a bit closer to the mark: I don't want to expend effort in skill, timing, and precision for every single ****ing action. Would of been better if they kept it to big/riskier attacks and spells only.

---
"There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased chamber."(Revolver Ocelot,MGS) -Sick metaphor ahoy!
#5echa_OnePosted 7/14/2012 7:32:00 PM
Yeah? I see the SH series recommended quite a lot of time here o.O I like it myself. And as for not wanting to expend any effort, there is the option to set the ring to auto.
---
What superpower would you have?
I would like the superpower to punch annoying cheeky fanboys over the monitor.
#6pastamastaPosted 7/14/2012 7:35:06 PM
Yeah? I see the SH series recommended quite a lot of time here o.O I like it myself. And as for not wanting to expend any effort, there is the option to set the ring to auto.

Yeah, but that's auto everything, and it's not exactly infallible itself.
---
#7SagovicPosted 7/14/2012 8:39:03 PM
Cliché and uninspired are the words that define this abysmal series.

Oh, and let's not forget about Koudelka, a vomit inducing game. A game so incredibly bad that made me want to kill myself.
---
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
#8pastamastaPosted 7/14/2012 8:54:35 PM
Maybe there just wasnt enough 11 year olds running around looking all cutesie

The SH games had that.
---
#9dsagent7Posted 7/14/2012 8:55:16 PM
I liked Koudelka.
---
This is not a signature
#10PS2isFunPosted 7/14/2012 10:27:04 PM
The first Shadow Hearts is a very dull game.