This girl that rejected me last year is now being really nice to me???

#1Azalea9XPosted 10/26/2011 2:34:42 PM
Okay, so there's this girl I know that left to travel abroad in my first semester at the College I'm at now. We kind of had a friendship breakup (a really rough one) at the end of the semester where she said she didn't want to talk to me until after the year or something like that.

Fast forward to this year... one of her best friends befriended me and we've been acquaintances up to this point but now she's being super nice to me. She asked me if I could show her my room in where I live, and I obliged. She said to me that we could do homework together, that I could go to her apartment, and that we could hang out whenever. I actually am welcoming this because one of my other friends that's a girl just broke up with one of my roomates in my apartment so I figured why not let her back in my life again?

Things seem to be going better so far. We have a much better rapport than we used to but now in addition to just talking she's being like super nice... like much more than usual. She's asking a lot more questions and she's being a lot more friendly than before. She said I can text her whenever I want to, even about random stuff. And she still seemed like she was being super nice to me today (like she was yesterday) so it wasn't exactly a fluke.

I'm trying to figure out why she is being all nice to me all of a sudden. I've been good friends with one of her best friends for quite a while and we've been acquaintances (and we've both hung out around my good friend together) but now she's being more assertive and she wants more of an individual relationship with me again.

What the heck am I supposed to make out of it? I kind of welcome it since I kind of need some other people in my life right now (given one of my roomates situation with his girlfriend)... but I'm just confused.
---
***Is Mega man Forever***
"But society is wrong, they listen to pop music, for God's sake."- WolfMasterZero
#2Azalea9X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 5:51:02 PM
Help please?
---
"But society is wrong, they listen to pop music, for God's sake."- WolfMasterZero
#3Chargers_31Posted 10/26/2011 6:32:13 PM
To state the obvious, she obviously wants to be friends again. Like I've said many times, it's hard to judge someone's intentions given just a few paragraphs of context.

All that really matters, is what do you want from this chick? Do you want to be friends again? Do you want her out of your life?

For now, I'd just give her the benefit of the doubt and believe that she actually had a change of heart.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/11hunab.png http://i53.tinypic.com/n4fdzc.jpg
San Diego Chargers 4 - 2; SDSU Aztec Football 4 - 2.
#4Azalea9X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 10:11:57 PM
I would personally want to be friends with her again if it could work. I think the main reason that our friendship really failed the last time was that I had no idea how to talk to people in general. I just wanted to rush right into things without talking to people first. I used to be too forward. And when I've been trying to talk to her it seems that we've established some connection beyond what we had last year...

I'm looking mostly for some new feeling of connection right now because there was this girl that I was befriending earlier or trying to befriend that was one of my apartment mates girlfriend and they just broke up. So, it probably may not affect too many things but I don't think I have as much of a chance of being friends with her right now. I'm not only looking towards this other girl for just as a rebound-- but I think some genuine and not superficial relationship could come out (I don't mean like dating), but things feel better this time around.
---
#5masamakoPosted 10/27/2011 2:01:44 AM
She could be like that with everyone (I didn't read it all, but got the gist).

She could be using you to make someone else jealous (highly unlikely from what I've read, but it's always possible).

She could actually like you.

Take your pick.
---
Goldeneye & MW:R FC [2450 1778 5107] - 50000 people
PSN - MAArc E.U. MGO - SCRO
#6500Zelda05Posted 10/27/2011 6:57:57 PM
Do you not have feelings for her anymore and are content to be friends with her? Stop worrying about it unless she gives some clear IOIs.

Do you still have feelings for her and think you would end up in an awkward position if you tried to be friends? Ask her out; that is, make it clear that it's a date, not just a friendly outing. If she rejects you, problem solved, you know she doesn't like you -- shouldn't ruin any relationship you have as long as you tell her you're okay with it.
---
Every non-zero finite dimensional inner product space has an orthonormal basis. It makes sense when you don't think about it.
#7Azalea9X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 7:11:09 PM
500Zelda05 posted...
Do you not have feelings for her anymore and are content to be friends with her? Stop worrying about it unless she gives some clear IOIs.

Do you still have feelings for her and think you would end up in an awkward position if you tried to be friends? Ask her out; that is, make it clear that it's a date, not just a friendly outing. If she rejects you, problem solved, you know she doesn't like you -- shouldn't ruin any relationship you have as long as you tell her you're okay with it.

Whoa lol ok I never have liked her like that. She has been initiating things a lot lately. Earlier today she invited me to eat dinner with her, then she invited me to go with her to the library and then we went to her apartment on cause. I don't think that she like me romantically, at least she hasn't said anything that would indicate that.
---
#8DeliciousPoisonPosted 10/29/2011 2:06:14 AM
A solo dinner invite? She's gotta dig you at least a bit. You can play it aloof but do look for signs of attraction. Make a move before it's too late--that is if you're into her.
---
I am Jack's smirking revenge.
#9Azalea9X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 1:28:16 PM
Well no it was with a friend. But I wouldn't count that as an indicator of what she thinks of me or not. I texted her earlier today and she was telling me she would love to chill with me and do homework... We are suosed to hang out at 7. The way I see it is that she might be testing me or seeing if some sort of friendship or relationship could work by her being really nice to me so I am reciprocrating back just to see how things go and so far they seem to be going well. I don't know if I cld do a relationship with her based on some issues we've had in the past but then again I don't know how she feels about me right now.

I just want her to still like me and not decide that she doesn't like me again though so I am not ready to take it too seriously yet. I don't think she is messing with me but I just want to establish other things like trust first before going further.
---
#10Azalea9X(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 8:40:05 PM
Okay, so I just invited her to a party that was at my place and she came and brought some of her friends. She was getting really intimate with me. We didn't kiss or anything but she was really touching me all over the place and she was grabbing my arm to hold it and she was putting her arms on my chests and stuff and she was getting pretty physical with me.

I know it's just a party so I shouldn't look too much into it... but I overall think it went rather well. :)
---