How do I prepare for a breakup?

#1BigMaddenPosted 1/2/2013 9:46:05 AM
This morning my gf told me that we needed to talk saying that she is not as emotionally invested in our relationship than I am. I might have saw this coming for a few weeks now, although I told her that she worries to much about her feelings of doubt. She started crying when talking about it.

So does it look like its over and if should I try to save it and if not what should I do to prepare for it. Last time something like this happened I was in an emotional wreck not only questions that past relationship but questioning myself even tho It may not be my fault.
---
Panthers-Not what I expected at all
Bobcats-.500 not bad so far
#2ExystencePosted 1/2/2013 11:43:05 AM
I dunno man, breakups aren't meant to be easy. There's nothing to really say about whether or not you should try to save it or not, that's entirely up to how you feel about her and your relationship. Though whether or not it can be saved is up to her, and from what it sounds like, it probably can't. But I'd say that you owe it to yourself to try. I guess the only thing I can suggest that might be helpful is to try to remain (or become moreso if you're not right now) socially active if you do break up because it is reeeeeeeaaally hard to get out of that funk of post-relationship depression once you've holed yourself up.
---
~Exy || rateyourmusic.com/~Exystence
Don't be a henchman! Stand on your laurels! Do what no one else does and praise the good of other men for good man's sake!
#3monsterlunchboxPosted 1/2/2013 12:54:40 PM
Dump her before she can dump you and call her a whore and a slut. You'll feel much better.
#4TheHonorableOnePosted 1/2/2013 3:22:19 PM
go bang another chick asap
---
I tried to do a pull up on the shower curtain but it broke off the wall and hit me on the forehead when i fell into the tub. - coruptednumber
#5BigMadden(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:08:49 PM
Well its official she broke up with me. Now what? I'm actually not as upset as I though I was.
---
#6Harry_McKenziePosted 1/2/2013 6:11:49 PM
Well its official she broke up with me. Now what? I'm actually not as upset as I though I was.

oh yeah just wait for it.
---
Born 2 the life. True 2 the code. Bad 2 the bone.
#7EDlFICATlONPosted 1/2/2013 6:37:56 PM
First big break up is always hard. You tend to cope with them better after that.

Personally the fear of breaking up can be worse than the breaking up itself. The waiting for it and sleepless nights. Feeling sick. It can feel like a massive relief when it's actually over.

I'm sure you'll miss her and feel bad from time to time but you got over your last one and you'll get over this one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PLA1y.jpg
#8EXEforeverPosted 1/2/2013 7:03:09 PM
Harry_McKenzie posted...

oh yeah just wait for it.

I was thinking this too.
---
IT'S PIKACHU!
PSN: EXEShambles
#9J__HookPosted 1/3/2013 12:41:09 AM
Personally the fear of breaking up can be worse than the breaking up itself. The waiting for it and sleepless nights. Feeling sick. It can feel like a massive relief when it's actually over.

Unfortunately, I thought this too until it actually happened.

My ex told me the same things that TC's told him (not being as into it as he was), and for a week there was like a "gray area" where after 3 days I told my friends that even if it was an answer I didn't want to hear (that ya she wanted to break up), I wanted to know rather than be in limbo. So I welcomed when she wanted the 'deciding' talk.
A couple days later when the actual break-up came, I nearly shrugged it off like 'yeah it sucks but oh well I knew it was coming'.

Then by the next day I was a f***ing mess and I'm still nowhere near over her, so boy was I wrong. :/
---
University of Western Ontario
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7288/mustangs.jpg http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7748/westerntower.jpg
#10BigMadden(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:36:53 AM
How do you know when it starts hitting you? I don't think it got to me yet.
---