I just spent several hours downloading GTA IV on Steam, but when I finally tried to play it, I couldnt find the product activation code. Usually you can just right-click on the game in your library and you get the option to "View product activation key", but for some reason its not showing up for me.
Does anyone know why this is happening? Is this a common problem with this game?
If you hate Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
I've got the game and it's not showing up for me either, but then again, I bought it ages ago.
Usually if there's a key to be entered, it pops up with steam the first time you play it. Hell I just checked crysis and it has a "view CD key" option on it so I don't know why they removed it from GTA IV unless they removed the requirement to enter it.
Checking the steam forums gives me this answer:
"Steam ran out of serials and have contacted Rockstar. This problem will be fixed soon."
Whether or not this is the truth, it doesn't change the fact that *I* (who bought my game ages ago) still can't see the CD key. It's possible they knew this was going to be a problem so they turned it off for everyone. I really just wish Valve would come up with a way to manage CD key entering on its own so that I never have to see one. It's kinda 40% of the reason I buy on steam in the first place. (the other 60% has to do with convenience in installing/reinstalling/purchasing etc).