This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Inexpensive ways to get windows 7?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Inexpensive ways to get windows 7?

User Info: greekgamer

greekgamer
4 years ago#1
I heard something about sites that sell just the CD key of windows for discounted prices. Are those real.
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]

User Info: link510

link510
4 years ago#2
The cheapest legit way is to buy the upgrade version (Newegg sells it for $70, I think) and then do the double install method. Look it up, there's plenty of guides. Microsoft themselves have said this is a legal method. Or you could just not buy it at all and then just go off of an indefinite trial period (again, plenty of guides), which I suppose is legal but probably more along the lines of a grey area.
(message deleted)

User Info: MasafumiGoto

MasafumiGoto
4 years ago#4
$65 Win 7 Pro retail(students only).
ASRock Ext 3 Gen 3 | i7 2600k | 460 GTX | GSkill 16 GB | Antec EA650 | Crucial M4 128 GB | WD Black 750 GB
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4166/akfg.jpg

User Info: greekgamer

greekgamer
4 years ago#5
here's one
http://www.windowskeyshop.com/
open at own risk just googled it.
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]

User Info: Dollarman_2005

Dollarman_2005
4 years ago#6
Find someone you know who is a student. A friend's sibling, your own friend, you maybe.

Then proceed to go to bookstore and get it for cheap. My W7 ultimate was 30 bucks, while a lot of schools offer it for free.

User Info: I-Planters-I

I-Planters-I
4 years ago#7
Are you in College or know someone in College? Ask them to get it for you, usually free if you just download the installer instead of getting the disk.

User Info: punji_styx88

punji_styx88
4 years ago#8
If you live in or near oceanside California I can hook you up with a student discount (60.00 or so). I'll need a favor in return though >.>

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
4 years ago#9
lol i was at a friends howse and used his pc and in the bottom right hand corner of the screen it said this copy of windows is not genuine.
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]

User Info: __starsnostars

__starsnostars
4 years ago#10
I have w7 home premium but I want ultimate so I can utilize all of my ram, which isn't really worth it I know. I tried the windows anytime upgrade from control panel, costs $140 to upgrade, I put in my all info, get to the payment screen, price is now close to $180 + taxes. Thanks for converting the currency at the second-last part of the process and never even pointing it out microsoft.
...And I have here IrRUhhRaAyUH--but it doesn't even matter.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Inexpensive ways to get windows 7?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived