This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AoE: 3 Gold Edition or Warcraft 3 BattleChest

#11PFGeraciPosted 5/29/2012 3:00:39 PM
An alternative way of getting Warcraft 3 would be going to a cd-key website and purchasing the key for WC3 and TFT, then downloading the games from Blizzard directly. It's a bit cheaper than a battle chest would be.
---
I had bread, I had cheese, and I had an iron. What was I supposed to do?
#12Zakinator(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 6:31:22 AM
PFGeraci posted...
An alternative way of getting Warcraft 3 would be going to a cd-key website and purchasing the key for WC3 and TFT, then downloading the games from Blizzard directly. It's a bit cheaper than a battle chest would be.

the games were 20 each on blizzard's store and the battlechest was 20 on amazon with strategy guides (I probably won't use them but still they are pretty much free
#13VulcharPosted 5/30/2012 6:36:56 AM
If you have a battle.net account, you can still register your retail battle chest there and have access to digital copies a la steam.

You can't go wrong with pre-activision Blizzard.
#14Zakinator(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 9:40:07 AM
Alright so I got it on Saturday and I've played 5 or 6 campaign missions and a few custom matches and I like the whole hero thing but to me it seems like it has less buildings and units than AoE and that's what I liked about it, being able to build huge empires and just having huge battles at the end. I will probably play through the campaign of it and the expansion because im actually enjoying that part, but after that I will probably try AoE 3 and play custom games on that. But thank you all for your opinions I don't think it's a bad game, I actually like it, but it doesn't have the longevity (sp?) to me.