This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gonna buy a xbox 360 controller , and i have a ton of questions XD

#11Hyperion56780Posted 5/29/2012 9:37:29 AM
You could also get this if you feel like:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWKQ/ref=dp_cp_ob_vg_title_1
#12r0ge00Posted 5/29/2012 9:44:12 AM
If you're going to buy a controller and want wireless, this comes with the adapter + controller. It goes on sale often for $35.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWKQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1338313003&sr=1-2
#13r0ge00Posted 5/31/2012 6:26:30 AM
FYI TC, the one I linked on Amazon is currently on sale with adapter on Newegg for $35 after promo code.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109243
#14Dollarman_2005Posted 5/31/2012 6:42:36 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...

lol. "I'm not sure". Damn right you aren't.

The drivers come with the controller the same way drivers for a usb comes within the usb stick. Plug and use. No need for windows to search for the drivers online or anything like that.

Next time, if you're going to try and be smart, at least get your facts straight.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

You realize when you plug in a flash drive, it does use drivers right? Windows still has to go looking for them.

Any time I disconnect my wireless receiver and reconnect it, Windows searches for drivers.

Though why you're being a jerk to the guy is beyond me.
#15VulcharPosted 5/31/2012 6:51:02 AM
As has already been stated, plug-n-play.

Here is another tip though, at least if you want to leave the thing plugged in all the time. Manually turn off the vibration function in the game options for games that feature controller support, but you don't want to use a controller for. Otherwise the controller will rattle on your desk/tower/wherever even if you're still using the mouse/keyboard.

Crysis for example. It features controller support, but I don't use a controller in that game. Every time I fired with the mouse the controller would shake the top of my tower. I had to turn the vibration function off in game.
#16VulcharPosted 5/31/2012 6:52:46 AM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...

lol. "I'm not sure". Damn right you aren't.

The drivers come with the controller the same way drivers for a usb comes within the usb stick. Plug and use. No need for windows to search for the drivers online or anything like that.

Next time, if you're going to try and be smart, at least get your facts straight.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

You realize when you plug in a flash drive, it does use drivers right? Windows still has to go looking for them.

Any time I disconnect my wireless receiver and reconnect it, Windows searches for drivers.

Though why you're being a jerk to the guy is beyond me.

The point is that the driver it searches for is on the device. You don't have to download anything separately to manually install. Just because you have to wait 5 seconds for a "windows searching" box doesn't make it any less plug-n-play.