This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got hacked in Diablo 3. What security software should I download?

#71mafiafunPosted 5/30/2012 3:09:50 PM
I'm beginning to think people just use lousy passwords. My friend just told me he got hacked and said his pass is similar to his account name.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#72gastamanPosted 5/30/2012 5:50:56 PM
razorracer posted...
Looks like I wont be playing Diablo 3 again until I get my ASUS Transformer TF300 later this week. Don't have a smartphone and I don't trust that physical authenticator. And if what CaToy says is true, I shouldn't even bother with the dial-in authenticator.

Why don't you trust the physical authenticator? It works the same way, just with 2 less digits.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.0 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#73razorracerPosted 5/30/2012 7:04:54 PM
razorracer posted...
Looks like I wont be playing Diablo 3 again until I get my ASUS Transformer TF300 later this week. Don't have a smartphone and I don't trust that physical authenticator. And if what CaToy says is true, I shouldn't even bother with the dial-in authenticator.

Why don't you trust the physical authenticator? It works the same way, just with 2 less digits.

Well, I heard from some people that it is not as secure as the app. Anyway, I'm getting the Android authenticator for my tablet, so it's a nonissue.
---
Proud PS Vita and 3DS owner
PSN ID: machismo83 Steam ID: razorracer83
#74Freak ShowPosted 5/30/2012 7:27:03 PM
Gotta love idiots that take random posts from message board users and spew them out like facts without even attempting to look things up for themselves. This is how the session ID rumors started. It was NEVER fact. It was a theory, and a poorly thought one at that.

A user here thought the mobile app actually had cost and spread more bs that more tards would believe.

The hacking issue isn't even widespread. It has been completely blown out of proportion, and unwarranted hate is fueling mass hysteria.
---
"The reason i love the $ store is I don't have to get all dressed up like I'm going to Wal-Mart or something" - Trailer trash on the news
#75EternalFlame66Posted 5/31/2012 6:25:21 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/05/30/the-horror-of-being-hacked-in-diablo-3/?commentPage=2
---
Such is your fate.
#76Orestes417Posted 5/31/2012 7:11:03 AM
If anything the physical authenticator is more secure than a mobile app because it can't be hacked. If someone managed to compromise your phone they could clone your authenticator with no issues whatsoever.
---
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.