This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird blue screen of death issue

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird blue screen of death issue
3 years ago#1
So my computer has been experience BSOD, first everything starts slowing down. Than at times my taskbar becomes clear/see through, than my internet connection goes out.

Next my computer BSOD's with a message saying a "a crucial or necessary application has exited or been terminated, windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your hardware"

What could be causing this?
3 years ago#2
A virus or software malfunction.
Could also be heat related.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
3 years ago#3
kaspersky is running 24/7, and i use spybot every week nothing is picked up, same with malware bytes.
3 years ago#4
cpu with liquid cooling is usually at 24-28c, while mobo stays consistent at 31-34 c.
3 years ago#5
Oh, Kaspersky, no wonder.
That virus probably corrupted your whole system.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
3 years ago#6
are you being in the slightest facetious regarding kaspersky?
3 years ago#7
I've had it completely destroy a Windows XP 64bit install. It trashed the entire thing, corrupting numerous files on a random viral rampage.
---
mmarkster posted...
3 years ago#8
Ksaspersky the anti virus program did this?

I think the source of my problem is the OCZ Revo Hybrid drive, it seems people on the ocz forums are experiencing the same issue I am.
3 years ago#9
Yes. I've only ever had problems like that when using Kaspersky.
But since you're using an OCZ drive, that's also a likely candidate. :/
---
mmarkster posted...
3 years ago#10
It now seems to most likely be Kaspersky after all, switching to ESET come Monday.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird blue screen of death issue

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived