This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard Office raided by Korean government because of Diablo 3 bitterness

#1Lord HammPosted 5/30/2012 5:58:14 AM
Wow I knew it was a buggy disaster but the Koreans are pissed....

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2012/05/123_111971.html
---
You know why they call it an Xbox 360
When you look at it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
#2iceachePosted 5/30/2012 6:00:51 AM
Why do I have a feeling that i'm going to call BS on this article. Blizzard has no problem refunding anyone within the 30 day period from which they purchased the game.
#3SomeMacGuyPosted 5/30/2012 6:01:48 AM
ew @ those teeth ads
---
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO
#4MohjongPosted 5/30/2012 6:23:13 AM
Sounds very korean like. I really hope north and south korea fight and unite each other to stop the hate, aggression, and their belligerent attitude.
---
"...as we have also developed a keen interest in the smoking of pipe weed." - Bilbo Baggins
#5y3kmanPosted 5/30/2012 6:29:59 AM
If this is true, good for the Korean players. The latest patch ****** up the server compatibility and prevents us (Asian gamers) from using the Asian server. The solution given by the blues/mods at the official forum is to use the Americas and Europe servers.
---
You know nothing, Jon Snow.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6997-7741
#6schadowPosted 5/30/2012 6:50:31 AM
Why is the site littered with surgery ads?
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#7Mudkip57Posted 5/30/2012 7:41:56 AM
I don't see the ads, but I assume it has something to do with this

http://tinyurl.com/72hlr88
#8KillerTrufflePosted 5/30/2012 8:00:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9totalrapturePosted 5/30/2012 8:19:36 AM
Nice to see Koreans actually trying to defend themselves and filing formal complaints with the government instead of "the American way" of just rolling over and letting Blizzard have its way with them.

How in ANY way is that the "American" way? AFAIK Koreans are the ONLY ones to have done this... no Europeans or other Asians...
---
Windows 7 | AMD Athlon II x4 620 | 2gb DDR3 | NF750-G55 | Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU | Geforce 8200 integrated for now :(
Steam - Totalrapture
#10KillerTrufflePosted 5/30/2012 8:39:40 AM
It was half sarcasm, but still... Americans lately have shown they're willing to just accept whatever nonsense is shoved down their throats... TSA is a great example, but even this whole trend of paid DLC (especially on-disc "DLC"), always online DRM, nickel and dime cell phone fees that add up to a good chunk of money, nickel and dime airline fees... I could go on and on. Most, if not all, of those are not fair to the customer, but we still just roll over and take it. The one or two people who are brave enough to complain every now and then not only often find themselves on the wrong side of the law (even if the Constitution is in their favor), they also tend to be ridiculed or suppressed by everyone else for trying to stand up for what would be better for everyone.

I say Americans because I have no personal experience to that level of detail with other countries, but from everything I've seen happening over the years, Americans are absolutely willing to just bend over, so yeah... kudos to the Koreans for standing up for themselves.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23