This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anybody here use game booster?

#1S0uIjaBoYisKiNGPosted 5/30/2012 2:37:28 PM(edited)
topic

i just found out about it and im wondering how well it works

i play on a laptop and the only really intensive games i have are fallout new vegas which i can run on high settings with better textures and everything at 30 fps, just cause 2 which i can run at medium settings with some slowdown if im in an explosion at 30 fps, dota 2 which i run on low settings for everything except for medium textures, and morrowind, which i cant run at all because i completely overhauled it and my laptop cant handle it

i have an i5 processor and a geforce 540m card

is game booster really that good? i think im fine without it, once i get an actual computer ill probably play morrowind then

EDIT: also, i dont really think i have that many background processes open in the first place...whenever i play i either have open google chrome on facebook or something or chrome wont be open at all and thats it. usually dont have itunes or a bunch of things running in the background so thats why i dont think that game booster will do much help since it just closes background applications or something like that
---
official rap superstar/playa/real as elected by citizens of the zelda skyward zord bward of the zelda skyward sword boards
#2G1ANT_SQU1DPosted 5/30/2012 4:41:44 PM
noticeable. not EXTREME triple FPS though. maybe 5-10 more FPS on some games.

Still good. worth downloading
---
You should play the Crpg multiplayer mod for Mount and blade: Warband. its good
its good
#3SmoboHashPosted 5/30/2012 4:51:48 PM
I think that on an i5 you won't get much improvement.
#4MediaEngine_PRXPosted 5/30/2012 5:00:23 PM
On an AMD E-350, decided there was almost no effect. But I maintain a clean efficient system so it really depends.
---
"dude thats like 4 hours old cmon there were dinosaurs roaming in my backyard 4 hours ago dude cmon." -Shub
#5ElmntEarth4LifePosted 5/30/2012 5:01:18 PM
It depends alot on what processes you have open and your hardware. If you already killed unnecessary startup processes and cleared out running applications and are running a modern gaming computer, I doubt you'll see much of a difference.
---
Warning: This post contains scenes of explicit violence and gore
Steam ID: ElmntEarth1 (Bloody_Gir)
#6Snuckie7Posted 5/30/2012 5:03:14 PM
Just a random question about GameBooster, does it trigger UAc when it's opened?
---
Dell XPS L501x | Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz | NVIDIA GT 420M OC @ 700/900 | 4GB 1333 RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HDD