This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anybody here use game booster?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anybody here use game booster?

User Info: S0uIjaBoYisKiNG

S0uIjaBoYisKiNG
4 years ago#1
topic

i just found out about it and im wondering how well it works

i play on a laptop and the only really intensive games i have are fallout new vegas which i can run on high settings with better textures and everything at 30 fps, just cause 2 which i can run at medium settings with some slowdown if im in an explosion at 30 fps, dota 2 which i run on low settings for everything except for medium textures, and morrowind, which i cant run at all because i completely overhauled it and my laptop cant handle it

i have an i5 processor and a geforce 540m card

is game booster really that good? i think im fine without it, once i get an actual computer ill probably play morrowind then

EDIT: also, i dont really think i have that many background processes open in the first place...whenever i play i either have open google chrome on facebook or something or chrome wont be open at all and thats it. usually dont have itunes or a bunch of things running in the background so thats why i dont think that game booster will do much help since it just closes background applications or something like that
official rap superstar/playa/real as elected by citizens of the zelda skyward zord bward of the zelda skyward sword boards

User Info: G1ANT_SQU1D

G1ANT_SQU1D
4 years ago#2
noticeable. not EXTREME triple FPS though. maybe 5-10 more FPS on some games.

Still good. worth downloading
You should play the Crpg multiplayer mod for Mount and blade: Warband. its good
its good

User Info: SmoboHash

SmoboHash
4 years ago#3
I think that on an i5 you won't get much improvement.

User Info: MediaEngine_PRX

MediaEngine_PRX
4 years ago#4
On an AMD E-350, decided there was almost no effect. But I maintain a clean efficient system so it really depends.
"dude thats like 4 hours old cmon there were dinosaurs roaming in my backyard 4 hours ago dude cmon." -Shub

User Info: ElmntEarth4Life

ElmntEarth4Life
4 years ago#5
It depends alot on what processes you have open and your hardware. If you already killed unnecessary startup processes and cleared out running applications and are running a modern gaming computer, I doubt you'll see much of a difference.
Warning: This post contains scenes of explicit violence and gore
Steam ID: ElmntEarth1 (Bloody_Gir)

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
4 years ago#6
Just a random question about GameBooster, does it trigger UAc when it's opened?
Dell XPS L501x | Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz | NVIDIA GT 420M OC @ 700/900 | 4GB 1333 RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anybody here use game booster?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived