This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games like Zelda/Metroid...

#21logicillPosted 5/30/2012 9:34:55 PM
http://www.konjak.org/index.php?folder=4&file=30

It's really fun, but the available version is no where near finished. Apparently the maker has made a lot of progress since that version though.

Wow, that is really well made. Pain in the ass for me to get used to the controls though. Never really use directional keys (or even my right hand, for that matter) for movement...
---
"It doesn't matter where you start, because to get where you want to go, you have to go through Philadelphia." - Dusty Baker
#22BonnabinTheDirePosted 5/30/2012 10:07:43 PM(edited)
darksiders has combat like god of war but the exploration is more like zelda. it's not bad, worth a playthrough.

oath in felghana is a lot like zelda 2, if you enjoyed that at all (one of my favorite games)
---
When life gives you lemons, too bad.
#23Shadow EdgePosted 5/30/2012 11:24:55 PM
Ys: Oath in Felghana is Zelda on roids. It's available on Steam.
---
I have this sig just to get past the "no all caps" error when my message is just numbers or an acronym.
#24Pale HorsemanPosted 5/31/2012 7:49:58 AM
Shadow Edge posted...
Ys: Oath in Felghana is Zelda on roids. It's available on Steam.

Yes Oath in Felghana is an insanely awesome game.
---
Steam/PSN: SeraphimJulius
Redcount: I lived in a house with two men. Does that make me a gay bigamist?
#25SomeMacGuyPosted 5/31/2012 7:53:14 AM
darksiders
---
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO
#26ShubPosted 5/31/2012 7:55:18 AM
Soul Reaver
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#27GM_Posted 5/31/2012 7:57:45 AM
Szymaa posted...
You can emulate a lot of the old-school Zelda and Metroid games now.

Omg wat the NES cartridge goes where!?
---
R.I.P - My kitty 2010-2012 on 3/22/2012
She lost her battle with Feline Leukemia
#28VulcharPosted 5/31/2012 8:06:56 AM
Pick up Darksiders. The PC version is a straight console port, but it's still good. I recommend using a controller over the keyboard/mouse though. It's basically a demonic 3D Zelda with some God of War combat thrown in. Also Mark Hamil(Luke Skywalker) voices the Navi companion equivalent, so bonus points there.

Dark Souls is coming to PC later in the year and it deserves all the praise it gets. The devs have said the game will feature basic keyboard/mouse support but that it really should be played with a controller. You might want to invest in a wired 360 controller. It's literally plug-n-play for most games. I can confirm that it is for Darksiders and I would be shocked if it wasn't for Dark Souls as well.

If the old 2D zeldas are more your thing, this might interest you, regarding Dark Souls.
http://www.1up.com/features/dark-souls-generation-8-bit-game
#29ElDudorinoPosted 5/31/2012 12:13:54 PM
Wow, Ys: Oath in Felghana looks outstanding. I had never even heard of this game before. I need to check this out!
#30ForcefulBootPosted 5/31/2012 12:17:38 PM
A Valley Without Wind
---
gigabyte ma790fxt-ud5p, AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE, Patriot DDR3, Radeon 4890, Powerbird 900 watt