This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got my Corsair K90...amazing!

#1ConkerPosted 5/30/2012 4:22:45 PM
Never used a mechanical keyboard before and just decided to blind order it the other day. This thing is f***ing sweet!

I'm going from the Sidewinder X6 which I did like and it felt pretty good, but this is just so awesome! I love the way these keys feel. I wasn't sure if I'd like the mechanical style after having just seen the Black Widow in store before and touched the arrow keys but I'm loving this.

It also looks badass with a decent wrist pad.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons, and CMU!
#2Unhead_Posted 5/30/2012 4:32:36 PM
Yeah. Its my favorite keyboard by far. Truly a keyboard for gamers.

The Cherry MX reds are the best for gaming due to the low actuation force.
---
i7-3770k | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ | Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD, 16GB RAM | Corsair: AX850, H100, 650D
#3GunSlinger092Posted 5/30/2012 4:37:37 PM
Glad you enjoy mechanical keyboards as well.

I'm using a Steelseries 6GV2 right now. It uses MX Black switches, which is kinda the stiffer version of what you are using now.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QtuMO.jpg
Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/gunslinger09 PSN: GunSlinger092 3DS: 5069-3959-0672
#4RawePosted 5/30/2012 6:41:00 PM
Is the k90 only hoops for mmo and rts or is our also good for other options?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#5RawePosted 5/30/2012 7:20:37 PM
Anyone?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#6Unhead_Posted 5/30/2012 9:15:16 PM
Rawe posted...

It's great for basically anything, ESPECIALLY the abundance of Macro keys, paired with my M90, there's not much I can't do in games.
---
i7-3770k | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ | Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD, 16GB RAM | Corsair: AX850, H100, 650D
#7Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 9:38:22 PM
Rawe posted...

It's great for basically anything, ESPECIALLY the abundance of Macro keys, paired with my M90, there's not much I can't do in games.

Yeah, I have mine paired with an MMO7 mouse, but I looked at the M90 as well. After having a Sidewinder X8 I wanted more buttons and the G700 was awesome except the side material annoyed me a little...tried the MMO7 and it is awesome. I have way overkill for accessible buttons now.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons, and CMU!
#8Unhead_Posted 5/31/2012 1:24:01 AM
Conker posted...
Rawe posted...

Yeah, I have mine paired with an MMO7 mouse, but I looked at the M90 as well. After having a Sidewinder X8 I wanted more buttons and the G700 was awesome except the side material annoyed me a little...tried the MMO7 and it is awesome. I have way overkill for accessible buttons now.

Hahaha, I now know that feeling! It's awesome.

So far it makes me feel like I have more control over all the games I play now.
---
#9_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 5/31/2012 1:46:29 AM(edited)
I have it as well, but to be completely honest the main reason I bought it was that it was pretty much the only keyboards with Cherry MX Reds I could get without having to import.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot I love about the keyboard. Obviously the switches, while not for everyone because they are so light, are the main selling point here, and I love the feel of the keycaps. I also love the way the keycaps are raised above the aluminium baseplate. Makes it look and feel kind of like a typewriter.

But there are some things about the keyboard I am not crazy about. For example, the wristpad you mentioned is way too low to be used in a meaningful way when touch typing. It pretty much only functions as something to rest my left hand on while gaming. That is alright though, it can be removed so you can easily get an aftermarket one instead. I also do not like that some of the keys are not actually mechanical. I do not use the F-keys for anything in games. If I did have the habit of binding these keys (in RTS for example) then I would never have considered buying this keyboard. The problem is not just about them not being mechanical, but also about the difference in feel of the keys on the keyboard. Having keys that suddenly feel different is distracting.

Unhead_ posted...
Yeah. Its my favorite keyboard by far. Truly a keyboard for gamers.

The Cherry MX reds are the best for gaming due to the low actuation force.

Can't really agree due to part of the keyboard being non-mechanical. I also do not think any switch is "the best for gaming". Different people like different things, and there really is no real world advantage of using one switch over the other, other than the feel of a switch. A lot of gaming keyboards have black switches, which are linear like the red ones (which I like) and also said to be a "gaming switch". But they are so hard to press they actually hurt my fingers after extended use. Even if I like reds for both typing and gaming, I can definitely understand if people prefer browns/ blues / blacks etc. It is all about feel.

---
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90