This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo 2 PC question (concerning controllers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Halo 2 PC question (concerning controllers)

User Info: keybladesrus

keybladesrus
4 years ago#1
I'm considering buying the PC version of Halo 2 because I don't have a XBox or 360. From what I've read, the game has two control options: keyboard and mouse, or XBox 360 controller.

Here's my question: Does it have to be a 360 controller, or can I use a gamepad? Also, what are the minimum system requirements to play the game?

Thank you in advence.
Check out this free RPG I made: http://tinyurl.com/6wbwaqt
ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!!
Can't comment on the controller issue, I just play with a 360 controller and it works fine.
The minimum reqs are
Windows Vista (there's a hack that lets you play on XP)
2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM
7 GB Hard Drive space
Nvidia 6100, ATIX700

Game is very easy to run, unless you're playing a 5 year old computer you should be able to max and throw on a couple of enhancements from your video card's settings to pretty it up a bit. The game cleans up pretty well.

Oh and I know you didn't ask this but as it is a concern with older games, It's not super active, but you can almost always find 2-3 games going.
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 years ago#3
The game has some very odd streaming issues that affect certain harddrives and make it virtually unplayable.
Almost any gamepad will be compatible with it. I had no trouble using my PS2 converter.
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!

User Info: keybladesrus

keybladesrus
4 years ago#4
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Can't comment on the controller issue, I just play with a 360 controller and it works fine.
The minimum reqs are
Windows Vista (there's a hack that lets you play on XP)
2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM
7 GB Hard Drive space
Nvidia 6100, ATIX700

Game is very easy to run, unless you're playing a 5 year old computer you should be able to max and throw on a couple of enhancements from your video card's settings to pretty it up a bit. The game cleans up pretty well.

Oh and I know you didn't ask this but as it is a concern with older games, It's not super active, but you can almost always find 2-3 games going.

Thanks for the info! I don't think my computer should have any problems. And I don't really care about multiplayer; I don't have internet at home T-T...
Check out this free RPG I made: http://tinyurl.com/6wbwaqt
ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Halo 2 PC question (concerning controllers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived