This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you shut down your computer?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you shut down your computer?
3 years ago#1
I usually just keep it on...

Is that bad?
3 years ago#2
No, that is not bad. I only put my computer to sleep because the lights keep me awake.
"It doesn't matter where you start, because to get where you want to go, you have to go through Philadelphia." - Dusty Baker
3 years ago#3
Every night before going to bed. During the day its asleep.
3 years ago#4
Whenever I'm done using it.
3 years ago#5
I shut it off when I go to bed. I have an SSD so my time turning it back on is about the same as it takes me to get comfy in my chair.
i5 3570k @4.3 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
3 years ago#6
I usually hibernate. Restart when I need a reboot.

Haven't actually turned it off in like 6 or 7 months
HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7x64 | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
3 years ago#7
I shut it off when I go to sleep or leave the house for longer then 2 hours or so. It should not really matter. I just prefer to shut down anything that is not being used. Even on other type of consumer hardware, I usually do not leave things on standby.
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90
3 years ago#8
When I'm not using it, it's asleep. If I know I'll be gone for more than a day, I'll shut it down.
3 years ago#9
Whenever I'm not using it. With my SSD the boot time is about 10 seconds.
3 years ago#10
Every night on average.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you shut down your computer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived