This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I thought they fixed the memory leak problems in firefox?

#21daviddPosted 5/31/2012 6:05:59 AM
Azardea posted...
Who the f*** keeps their browser on for weeks or even days? That's just silly.
Tools > Options > General > When firefox starts, open tabs from previous session.
That was so hard.

Pretty common for some people, especially Mac users like myself, to never quit apps. There's no real reason to.
---
-davidd
#22AlleRacingPosted 5/31/2012 6:17:44 AM
Most likely an addon causing the leak. Addons in general will start to use a ton of memory if you have a lot of them. My Fx use to always jump above 1GB after a day or two of leaving it open, and have something like 450MB on a fresh start.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#23Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 7:14:04 AM
AlleRacing posted...
Most likely an addon causing the leak. Addons in general will start to use a ton of memory if you have a lot of them. My Fx use to always jump above 1GB after a day or two of leaving it open, and have something like 450MB on a fresh start.

I got AdBlock+

IDM CC

for extensions

Plugins

Microsoft DRM 2 different versions
Nexon Game controller
pando media booster (more nexon crap)
Shockwave flash
WMP dynamic media player plugin
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#24Orestes417Posted 5/31/2012 7:18:49 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Does the memory come back when you close the app? If so, it's not an actual memory leak.

How and why is that?

Because by definition a memory leak is what happens when an object is stored in ram but can't be accessed by whatever put it there. What Firefox is doing is probably caching things and should be taken as a giant hint from the computer god to close the damn thing every once in a while. Tabs were never meant to be used as a half assed replacement for bookmarks
---
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
#25DiehardFFv2Posted 5/31/2012 7:22:04 AM
126MB here. TC be cray.
---
i5 3570k @4.3 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#26negative4Posted 5/31/2012 7:25:31 AM
So it's not really a memory leak problem, it's you not wanting to close the program while having multiple tabs and add-ons for it opened for weeks on end. Okay, I think I got that right.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#27AzardeaPosted 5/31/2012 8:44:07 AM
davidd posted...
Azardea posted...
Who the f*** keeps their browser on for weeks or even days? That's just silly.
Tools > Options > General > When firefox starts, open tabs from previous session.
That was so hard.

Pretty common for some people, especially Mac users like myself, to never quit apps. There's no real reason to.

So you never shut off your computer?
---
SteamID: Azardea
i5 2500k | GTX 560Ti | 1Tb HDD | 8Gb DDR3
#28R i c kPosted 5/31/2012 8:56:29 AM
Firefox will restore your tabs if it crashes. End the process from the Task Manager, re-open, old tabs will be restored, mem usage will be back to normal, ????, profit!
---
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
>
#29Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 9:00:27 AM
R i c k posted...
Firefox will restore your tabs if it crashes. End the process from the Task Manager, re-open, old tabs will be restored, mem usage will be back to normal, ????, profit!

I know this but do not want to do it as of yet until I get something settled.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#30ElementalWindPosted 5/31/2012 4:39:37 PM
So you never shut off your computer?
What's the point in turning it off? So I can wake up in the morning and spend extra time getting my workspace set up again?
---
Now, if we'd just use postfix syntax like sensible people, this wouldn't even be an issue. -scudobuio