This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best zombie survival game?

#1thomasfreidPosted 5/31/2012 4:41:01 AM
I am looking for a new game to play and want to find a really good zombie game.

Things I am looking for (although I don't expect all of them to be in one game) are:
Free roam
Modern day
Cities with various places to defend (supermarkets, warehouses, churches etc)
Looting and scavenging
Online would be a bonus, simple co-op or massive multiplayer.
Possibly a sustenance system. Food, water etc.

Pretty much just a game with a massive free roaming map where the goal is to scavenge for supplies a weapons and survive a zombie apocalypse.
I'm guessing dead island is the closest thing but I don't like that game.

Any suggestions?
---
White FC: 1592-4439-6444 (Thomas)
Soul SIlver FC: 3266-7434-2717 (Thomas)
#2McSlayerPosted 5/31/2012 4:55:06 AM
I'd have a look into DayZ if I was you, haven't played it personally but it seems like everyone in the world is talking about it right now.
#3thomasfreid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 5:10:11 AM
I've looked into it and the idea and gameplay looks good but it also looks very buggy. The zombies seem to teleport and move sporadically from time to time.
Plus the map looks horribly empty.

I'll probably hold off on DayZ until it gets updated/fixed or until it comes out for ArmA 3. I wouldn't be surprised if the developer drops the ArmA 2 version to work on an ArmA 3 version.
---
White FC: 1592-4439-6444 (Thomas)
Soul SIlver FC: 3266-7434-2717 (Thomas)
#4thefabregas22Posted 5/31/2012 5:44:50 AM
There's a game called the dead linger which has everything you listed. Only problem is it's a pre alpha and is not out yet. There should be a public alpha release later this year though. Sometime in september I think. http://www.thedeadlinger.com/info
It's first person btw

There is also project zomboid which is an isometric zombie survival game which has most of the features you want. But no online yet don't know how much that'll bother you. http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Xbl Tomzajac200
#5razorracerPosted 5/31/2012 6:06:03 AM
Sounds a lot like Fort Zombie, except it doesn't have multiplayer.
---
Proud PS Vita and 3DS owner
PSN ID: machismo83 Steam ID: razorracer83
#6hunterslairPosted 5/31/2012 6:16:22 AM
I play Day Z, and I personally think anyone who's remotely interested should play it. Regardless of the bugs, the gameplay is tense and the encounters with zombies and people alike make your skin crawl. As you align yourself with other people you find your personal morality begin to slip. Conversation fades from "Should we ask him to join us?" to simply "Quiet, if we catch him off-guard we can get his food and water."

This game embodies the nearest-to-real life scenario in a game that I've ever played. The rage when someone actually kills you is intense, and the relief when you escape the zombies is just as tense. Sometimes, you'll be helped, others - shot dead. This is a uniquely satisfying game with a large, desolate world that very well incorporates the feel of an actual "apocalypse" to the player.

Don't let the bugs fool you. This may not be the same experience for you, but it's one of, if not the best, game I've ever played.
---
If you're walking my way, I'll walk with you.
#7snesmaster40Posted 5/31/2012 7:07:18 AM
Survival Crisis Z (people have problems getting this to work with Windows 7 though(
Project Zomboid (still in early alpha stages)

Overall there really isn't a game like the one you described
---
SRWG-W - http://www.srwg-w.org/
Are we not men?
#8hunterslairPosted 5/31/2012 7:18:13 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
Survival Crisis Z (people have problems getting this to work with Windows 7 though(

There absolutely is a game like what he described. It's Day Z. Still needs more development, but it is almost exactly what he's looking for.
---
If you're walking my way, I'll walk with you.
#9snesmaster40Posted 5/31/2012 7:57:32 AM
hunterslair posted...
snesmaster40 posted...

There absolutely is a game like what he described. It's Day Z. Still needs more development, but it is almost exactly what he's looking for.

Oh whoops. I guess I wasn't thinking properly as I read it like TC was just looking for a game and didn't consider a mod as one.
---
SRWG-W - http://www.srwg-w.org/
Are we not men?
#10SomeMacGuyPosted 5/31/2012 8:08:54 AM
there are no good zombies games
---
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO