This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best zombie survival game?

#21Bazooka_PenguinPosted 5/31/2012 6:19:46 PM
iscareu13 posted...
The most fun Zombie experience I've had is still CS:S Zombie Mod.

This

Even though it isn't very zombie-like. I love ZE maps
---
Deth Pen
#22DC4everPosted 5/31/2012 6:35:57 PM
There's another game in development with similar aspirations as The Dead Linger called Survivor Zero. The site is down now, and I have more interest in TDL, but it's worth keeping an eye on as well.
---
"Korea is not the most wired country in the world....
Europe is I believe." -Nurotic
#23pruvmerongPosted 5/31/2012 8:29:36 PM
Project Zombiod meets all of your requirements sans multiplayer.
---
www.bleakcosmos.co.cc (temporarily offline)
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
#24imurdaddy415Posted 5/31/2012 8:31:48 PM
DayZ is the game you pretty much just described. dont hold off on it because it looks bad.

It is the greatest zombie game that has ever been released

except that no matter what you start in pitch black nights and get destroyed. Honestly, the single worst interface I have ever tried using. I am not touching that filth again till it's developed better.
#25G1ANT_SQU1DPosted 6/1/2012 3:30:15 AM
imurdaddy415 posted...
DayZ is the game you pretty much just described. dont hold off on it because it looks bad.

It is the greatest zombie game that has ever been released

except that no matter what you start in pitch black nights and get destroyed. Honestly, the single worst interface I have ever tried using. I am not touching that filth again till it's developed better.

It works on real time. dont play at 3 in the morning. or if so, play on a reverse night time-day time server (A server which has daytime in your real life night time)
---
You should play the Crpg multiplayer mod for Mount and blade: Warband. its good
its good
#26Marioface5Posted 6/1/2012 4:17:12 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
There's a game called the dead linger which has everything you listed. Only problem is it's a pre alpha and is not out yet. There should be a public alpha release later this year though. Sometime in september I think. http://www.thedeadlinger.com/info
It's first person btw

There is also project zomboid which is an isometric zombie survival game which has most of the features you want. But no online yet don't know how much that'll bother you. http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

The Dead Linger looks interesting, sounds like it could end up being a lot of fun. I know that you get it DRM-free if you buy it, but I do hope that if they release it on Steam they'll give everyone who bought it a free copy of it on Steam, just so that players can take advantages of the features that it provides.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#27AMDeeznutsPosted 6/2/2012 6:42:42 PM
I looked into DayZ and Project Zomboid.....

Is DayZ really that good that it warrants the Arma II purchases? What about PZ? I'm also looking for a good zombie survival and it looks like these are the best options out right now, I just want to make the right decision.
---
Clevo 860CU - i7 740QM - GTX 470m - 8GB RAM - Intel Ultimate N-6300 - BLURAY - 1920x1080 - Win7 Home Premium 64bit
#28YMIHerePosted 6/2/2012 8:34:59 PM
Minecraft.
#29Treason686Posted 6/2/2012 9:10:47 PM
Well, I just watched some lengthy videos on Day Z. I'll have to look it up a bit more, because it seems like a lot of nothing.

It might be fun, but I'll need to look up more features on it, because the video I saw had the guy spending 30 minutes just finding gear. It'd be a shame to get shot or killed and have to start over.
---
|| PSN/360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3|| Crossfire XFX Radeon 6870 || HP w2408h
#30CommunismFTWPosted 6/2/2012 9:20:06 PM
Project zomboid.
---
Means to justify an end
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg