This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with new motherboard and CPU.

#1DividingSolidPosted 5/31/2012 9:14:30 AM
I bought and installed an intel I5 and p8z77-v motherboard and when I turn the power on the pc turns on but it displays nothing.
---
XBL/PSN: Solid1137 Origin/Steam:DividingSolid
Battlefield 3 > CoD MW3 (MW 2.5)
#2mafiafunPosted 5/31/2012 9:15:16 AM
Do you have a monitor plugged into your graphics card?
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#3DividingSolid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 9:20:12 AM
Of course.
---
#4mafiafunPosted 5/31/2012 9:21:31 AM(edited)
Then what makes you think it's a problem with mobo and cpu rather than graphics card?

When I did an out of box test run I didn't have display. Make sure you pushed everything in as far as it can go. My cable to my graphics card wasn't all the way in.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#5ShubPosted 5/31/2012 9:23:07 AM
Does the computer produce any characteristic beeps?
Did you connect the 4-pin aux power connector from your PSU to the relevant connector close to the CPU on the motherboard?
What happens if you remove the video card and connect your monitor directly to one of the motherboard's video outputs?
What happens if you remove all RAM?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6DividingSolid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 9:48:41 AM
Shub posted...
Does the computer produce any characteristic beeps?
Did you connect the 4-pin aux power connector from your PSU to the relevant connector close to the CPU on the motherboard?
What happens if you remove the video card and connect your monitor directly to one of the motherboard's video outputs?
What happens if you remove all RAM?

There are no beeps and I did all the steps you mentioned but the same problem continues.
---
#7DividingSolid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 10:55:18 AM
I should actually say when my computer displays nothing I mean it doesn't go to the bios. When I boot my pc It doesn't even show the Asus logo.
---
#8DiehardFFv2Posted 5/31/2012 10:58:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9El MagnificoPosted 5/31/2012 11:03:59 AM
Connect your monitor to the motherboard. If you have no plans on using Virtu, then you can disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS, otherwise you'll probably want to keep things the way they are and install the Virtu drivers.
#10ShubPosted 5/31/2012 11:04:56 AM
Next step: disconnect everything, remove the motherboard from the case, lay it on the cardboard box it came in, and do the following things:

1) Remove all RAM
2) Install just one stick of RAM in DIMM slot #0
3) Connect the 24-pin ATX12V connector from the PSU
4) Connect the 4-pin 12V aux power from the PSU
5) Flip the PSU switch to the On position
6) Connect the monitor to the motherboard
7) Identify the two pins of the motherboard's front panel interface connectors which you would normally connect to the case's power button, and short them with something that conducts electricity. The computer should power up.

If it doesn't work, try again with another stick of RAM.
If it still doesn't work, you can try reseating the CPU and don't screw the heat sink on too hard.
If it still doesn't work, something's wrong somewhere. Could be the motherboard, the RAM or the PSU, my bet's on the board.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.