This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would I be able to run an HD 6570 or 6670 in this computer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. would I be able to run an HD 6570 or 6670 in this computer

User Info: MaxP188

MaxP188
4 years ago#1
I own a emachine t5048 p4 524 with 2gb ram on windows xp. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card from my X1550

If not I was thinking about picking up the gt430
wow!

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#2
Either a 6570, 6670 or GT 430 would work, although it might not yield much of an improvement. I mean you're talking about a Pentium 4 system with DDR SDRAM. It's terribly outdated.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
(message deleted)

User Info: 60secondAssasin

60secondAssasin
4 years ago#4
get the 6670 as it's the strongest out of that bunch and the lowest gpu worth buying new. it should work fine.
"There is nothing new under EA." - Fony
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2363251

MaxP188
4 years ago#5
even with the stock power supply I believe its 300W but I really dont know anything more on this upgrading stuff since yes my Pc is 6 years old
wow!

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#6
Should work fine on your PSU, yes.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

MaxP188
4 years ago#7
thanks all
wow!

User Info: Northern_Rose

Northern_Rose
4 years ago#8
I just got a 6570 myself but I couldnt run it with the 300w PSU my system had. I had to go out and get a 500w PSU now everything runs fine and even cooler cuz the PSU has better airflow.

Anyway the 6570 card recommends 400w.

Even if you need to buy a new PSU they are cheap I think I only paid 45$ for 500w.
It's not that I don't got a full 6 pack, I just lack the plastic thing that holds it all together.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. would I be able to run an HD 6570 or 6670 in this computer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived