This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can stick it anywhere now

#1mysticvegeta17Posted 5/31/2012 10:34:49 AM
Hi.

So I just wanted to thank you all for helping me on my glorious journey to building my first PC. At first it ran like **** but I was able to update the drivers and install software and get the resolution of my screen to be pretty. I checked my task manager and it seems all my cores are running, and its reading my RAM. Anything else I need I can look up, I no longer have to use my Iphone as my only source of the internet, as I am typing now from my new PC.

My Specs:

AsRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance @4GB
Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GH
Antec 650W Earth Series
Radeon HD 6870
Cooler Master TX13 (or something along those lines, for my heatsink)
Lite On DVD Drive
Seagate 1.5TB
Cooler Master Elite 311 Case

So thank you all for being so gentle.
---
PSN: HACKNSLASHLEWIS
-Dear Sony, please remake/release the Kingdom Hearts series on the psn-
#2SzymaaPosted 5/31/2012 10:40:55 AM
9/10 for the topic title alone.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#3GM_Posted 5/31/2012 10:42:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4yem69420Posted 5/31/2012 11:11:31 AM
So thank you all for being so gentle.

my pleasure.

*zips up pants*
---
psn, steam ID: yem69420
MW3 Ally Code: 2823-9199-3419
#5mysticvegeta17(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 1:47:34 PM
*zips up pants*

Lol!
---
#6mysticvegeta17(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 3:41:06 AM
Quick Question. WoW isn't running like it should and many people have suggested that RAM may be an issue. I'm currently working with 4GB, my board supports up to 16GB. Now I have no problem buying RAM as its not really expensive. Matter of fact 4GB is $29.99.

Now here's the thing, this is the RAM I have installed:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233173

This is the RAM in my cart:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233195

Now the only reason I'm hesitant is because they physically look different, but they have the same exact model number, specs, and all that. I remember people advising me not to mix kits.

Is this ok?
---
#7SpacewhizguyPosted 6/2/2012 5:25:25 AM
Describe how it's not running like it should.
---
What's a sig?
#8mysticvegeta17(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 6:10:19 AM
Describe how it's not running like it should.

Based on the game's requirements:

I run around and it feels grimy, not smooth, kinda slow. not like really slow like slow motion, skip action stopping, but just not smooth. Like the frame rate drops just a little bit, and when I enter a building or enclosed area, I can immediately tell the difference.

I just thought it would run smooth at least, I had to turn some stuff down and nothings changed. I though when it came to games like that processors and RAM were the things to look for, as well as my video card. I specifically picked them all because they beat that games highest recommended settings.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I add more RAM, and get 8GB? Should I overclock my CPU? My video card is the only thing I think it perfect for that game..

I tried to play vindictus today, horrible. I'm starting to feel I like I should have gotten all the high end stuff.
---
#9wizardmonPosted 6/2/2012 8:20:15 AM
I can think of two things.

First off, that Seagate 1.5TB, is it 7200 rpm? If its not that's going to slow you down in some games, that hitching you are talking about when you walk into new areas sounds like the hard drive is loading new content - which can cause some stuttering as the game is waiting on the hard drive.

Secondly, yes the ram is most likely adding to the situation, go ahead and get the other 4 GB as it'll help out giving your system more breathing room.

Those two issues aside, that system should more than easily be able to handle world of war craft.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard -ToastyOne
It's impossible to insert another motherboard into one of the DIMM slots -Wraithdagger44
#10params7Posted 6/2/2012 8:33:34 AM
PSU is sort of overkill if you were looking for a budget build but other than that is awesome. 600W or even 550W would have been enough for that.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png