This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can stick it anywhere now

#11mysticvegeta17(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 8:43:45 AM
First off, that Seagate 1.5TB, is it 7200 rpm? If its not that's going to slow you down in some games, that hitching you are talking about when you walk into new areas sounds like the hard drive is loading new content - which can cause some stuttering as the game is waiting on the hard drive.

Ah its a 5900 RPM. Aside from that I should get more RAM. Quick question can you answer on other question for me?

We can't mix and match RAM I know but what if they have all the same specs, the cosmetic shape is just a little different? Would that matter?
---
PSN: HACKNSLASHLEWIS
-Dear Sony, please remake/release the Kingdom Hearts series on the psn-
#12Dollarman_2005Posted 6/2/2012 12:24:58 PM
mysticvegeta17 posted...
We can't mix and match RAM I know but what if they have all the same specs, the cosmetic shape is just a little different? Would that matter?

Pretty sure so long as the latency and what have you are the same, they can mix and match in terms of brands and everything.
#13mysticvegeta17(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 12:55:01 PM
Pretty sure so long as the latency and what have you are the same, they can mix and match in terms of brands and everything.

Great, going to order because I don't know why is lagging and stuttering on my system aside from low RAM.
---
PSN: HACKNSLASHLEWIS
-Dear Sony, please remake/release the Kingdom Hearts series on the psn-
#14wizardmonPosted 6/2/2012 12:57:29 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
mysticvegeta17 posted...

I've mixed and matched ram speeds before in the past, IIRC what happens when you do that is at the ram will all run at the speed of the slowest stick.

But yes, as long as the speeds are the same the PC won't really care if it's from a different company.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard -ToastyOne
It's impossible to insert another motherboard into one of the DIMM slots -Wraithdagger44