This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Browsers with built-in flash (besides Chrome)?

#1IEatCookiesPosted 5/31/2012 11:58:53 AM
looking for a browser with integrated flash, is there any others, beside Chrome?
#2daviddPosted 5/31/2012 12:06:34 PM
Not any I know of, thankfully.

But, Microsoft, for whatever idiotic reason, is going to build it into the Metro version of Internet Explorer 10.
---
-davidd
#3IEatCookies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 12:13:52 PM
I don't particularly like flash, but a few sites I use NEED it. I don't want the actual flash thing installed on my PC, which is why I wanted to use a browser with it so I can just use it for those sites, without installing flash.

yeah, I am aware of the Win8 flash integration... not getting Win8 though.
#4daviddPosted 5/31/2012 12:29:33 PM
Just use Chrome when you need that then.

Watching new episodes of Parks and Recreation or 30 Rock on Hulu.com is my sole use of Chrome and it works perfectly for that. For everything else, I use my preferred browser (Safari, in my case)
---
-davidd
#5IEatCookies(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 12:48:31 PM
meh, didn't wanna use Chrome, because I heard it "calls home" and has all these privacy issues.

I guess I will just continue to use my netbook, even though it goes freakishly slow with flash content.
#6El MagnificoPosted 5/31/2012 1:08:06 PM
I believe that Maxthon has Flash built-in at least if you use the WebKit engine. If you don't like having Flash running all the time, then can go into your browser's settings and disable plug-ins. Some browsers like Chrome and Opera can be configured to only run Flash when you explicitly tell it to. Apparently, that feature is also coming to Firefox in the future.

Also, the only privacy "issue" that I'm aware of in Chrome is that when you enter text into the URL bar the default search engine will know what you typed in since it automatically queries the search engine as you type. You can disable this in the settings though. Even if you don't disable the feature it's about as much of a privacy issue as your favorite search engine knowing what you're searching when you search for something.
#7daviddPosted 5/31/2012 1:09:28 PM
IEatCookies posted...
meh, didn't wanna use Chrome, because I heard it "calls home" and has all these privacy issues.

It doesn't do that. People are just morons and believe anything other people tell them.
---
-davidd