This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saint's Row The Third (Steam) $16.99. 66%.

#11MacadamianNut3Posted 6/1/2012 4:12:30 AM
I've never played a Saints Row game. GTA is meh to me, but I love Just Cause 2 (just wish there was some kind of random mission generator after you do all of the missions instead of just causing mayhem).

Should I get Saints Row? If it's simply a GTA/True Crime/Just Cause knockoff I'll pass though. What makes it such a special game that made people talk about it constantly before it was released?
---
XBL/Steam: Barinade88 | Origin: Barinade | Roll Tide & Go Irish
i5-2500k | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX560 Ti 448 Cores | GA-Z68XP-UD3 | HAF 922
#12flagg2kplusPosted 6/1/2012 4:34:35 AM
MacadamianNut3 posted...
I've never played a Saints Row game. GTA is meh to me, but I love Just Cause 2 (just wish there was some kind of random mission generator after you do all of the missions instead of just causing mayhem).

Should I get Saints Row? If it's simply a GTA/True Crime/Just Cause knockoff I'll pass though. What makes it such a special game that made people talk about it constantly before it was released?

Think if the crazy stuff, variety in what to do, and crazy funny characters of GTA San Andreas and turn all of it up.

Thats Saints Row.

It's crazy, funny, over the top, unrealistic but always and very importantly fun and entertaining. It's what the GTA series gave up when they foolishly thought people wanted realism, taking your fat stupid cousin bowling and realistic car physics.
---
Why Mass Effect 3's endings are complete garbage...
gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/
#13L0ZPosted 6/1/2012 4:43:33 AM
pc version has free team fortress 2 masks in this game. Make an obese guy and put the Heavy mask on
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#14MacadamianNut3Posted 6/1/2012 4:43:43 AM
Thanks for the response but that sounds an awful lot like Just Cause 2. I didn't know this game had co-op though, which is the main thing I want for Just Cause 3, so I'm waiting to see if my best friend decides to buy this as well =D
---
XBL/Steam: Barinade88 | Origin: Barinade | Roll Tide & Go Irish
i5-2500k | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX560 Ti 448 Cores | GA-Z68XP-UD3 | HAF 922
#15Louisville15Posted 6/1/2012 4:51:37 AM
flagg2kplus posted...
MacadamianNut3 posted...

Think if the crazy stuff, variety in what to do, and crazy funny characters of GTA San Andreas and turn all of it up.

Thats Saints Row.

It's crazy, funny, over the top, unrealistic but always and very importantly fun and entertaining. It's what the GTA series gave up when they foolishly thought people wanted realism, taking your fat stupid cousin bowling and realistic car physics.

Uh, what? Last I checked, GTAIV smashed a ton of sales records.

Not catering to your interests =/= foolish
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | 2x MSI GTX 560Ti 2GB Twin Frozr II | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 7 64bit | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | AW2310 | Antec 1200
#16snesmaster40Posted 6/1/2012 5:18:46 AM
Fun game, but lacks content and is infact a short game. It's shorter than SR2 and it's clear that the game was rushed. I do however like the improved way the character moves and the driving is fantastic compared to SR2.

Overall fun, but disappointing game if you've played SR2.
---
SRWG-W - http://www.srwg-w.org/
Are we not men?
#17flagg2kplusPosted 6/1/2012 7:10:54 AM(edited)
Louisville15 posted...
flagg2kplus posted...
MacadamianNut3 posted...

Thats Saints Row.

Uh, what? Last I checked, GTAIV smashed a ton of sales records.

Not catering to your interests =/= foolish

They bought it in droves based on the last game which was fantastic. GTAV will do well as well based on those games, but because GTAIV was very meh, it wont shatter any records this time.

EDIT: Take Spider-Man 3 as an example. It too shattered records and mad much more money than the first 2, but you wont find anyone who seriously thought it was a better movie. Hell you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who didnt think it was trash.
---
Why Mass Effect 3's endings are complete garbage...
gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/