This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me som PC games

#1Yusuke001Posted 5/31/2012 1:23:45 PM
So I finally got myself a desktop after years of just using a laptop, all for Diablo 3. Problem is, I'm bored to tears with D3 already, just doesn't have the magic that D2 had for me. I'm not really looking for games I can find on PS3/360 because I own both of those, so mainly just looking for something more PC exclusive. I play pretty much every genre, so all recommendations are welcome. Anything out there more like D2 then D3 is? Any RTS games I should look into?

I played the hell out of Total Annihilation: Kingdoms back in the day, but sadly the online community for that game no longer exists. I played a little Starcraft, but never got too into it. Thought about trying SC2, but I don't want to pay $60 for another Blizzard game that I may not even like too much. Unfortunately most places I've looked all seem to suggest SC2 because it has the biggest community and what not. I do prefer "fantasy" type RTS like SC though, with different factions/races what have you, so I don't really care for the more "modern" style that alot of the RTS games seem to have.
---
TvC FC: 3739-0938-3148 Name: Amon
PSN: LordAmon15
#2kemPhReAkPosted 5/31/2012 1:31:47 PM
Yeah when I bought D3, the first thing I did when I got home was go on Starcraft 2 lol
Its great, I always go back to it. Kinda hard to get good at it, you have to lose a lot before you get some better "game-sense."

Witcher 2 is great, Battlefield 3 is great. CoD is geared for consoles imo. I like CoD, just not on PC.

If you want, you can uhh....go play some "older" (like 90's era ) console games using a shady method - I wont say anymore. ToS violations abound T_T

Portal 2 is good on PC if you haven't played it: people can upload custom levels on that.

Skyrim has a flood of mods right now available through steam.

Deux Ex: Human Revolution was great.

Shogun Total War 2 is also an amazing game. You'll be sick of historical japanese culture after playing that for a week lmao.

Also, wait for the steam summer sale that is coming soon. You'll end up buying more than you will play probably. AND NEVER BUY ANYTHING FOR FULL PRICE ON STEAM. If you ever want to buy a game at full price, I like to buy the hard copy.
---
"everything is the same size, just depends how far you sit from them" - _Elite_Bushido_
#3sonic_c_tailPosted 5/31/2012 1:36:10 PM
Torchlight 2 . While I haven't played D2 people compare it a lot to it. I played the closed beta that ended recently and I think it would fit the bill.

So I finally got myself a desktop after years of just using a laptop, all for Diablo 3. Problem is, I'm bored to tears with D3 already, just doesn't have the magic that D2 had for me. I'm not really looking for games I can find on PS3/360 because I own both of those, so mainly just looking for something more PC exclusive. I play pretty much every genre, so all recommendations are welcome. Anything out there more like D2 then D3 is? Any RTS games I should look into?

---
Want to save 50% or more on your car insurance? Blow up your car. Ride a bike.
#4Yusuke001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 1:38:20 PM
Shogun 2 is actually something I was looking at, and I've heard good things. Are there different factions with different units, from what I saw it looked like the same units everywhere basically, and I'd prefer entirely unique factions.
---
TvC FC: 3739-0938-3148 Name: Amon
PSN: LordAmon15
#5youngfossilPosted 5/31/2012 1:39:48 PM
Titan Quest
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.