This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls news?

#11brotrrwinnerPosted 5/31/2012 2:48:37 PM
Early betting line.

Steam version outsells GFWL version 1000 to 1

Steam version will still have GFWL. Unless you mean Steam sales VS GFWL marketplace sales, in which case it'll be more like 1.000.000 to 1
---
September 21st, 2008
Never forget
#12Lemur_H(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 2:48:58 PM
Hi C posted...
Early betting line.

Steam version outsells GFWL version 1000 to 1

Nope. Highly possible for the Steam version to have GFWL included.
---
2500K - 2x 560 Ti 448 SLI - 8GB DDR3 - M4 128GB SSD
#13kamikaze135Posted 5/31/2012 4:20:55 PM
I never understood why people hated Games for Windows LIVE. I have some games with it and they have never given me a problem.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#14EvilGiygasPosted 5/31/2012 4:23:55 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
I never understood why people hated Games for Windows LIVE. I have some games with it and they have never given me a problem.

Lol..
---
Current generation game count:
X360 - 139 / Wii - 20 / PS3 - 11 / 3DS - 3 / DS - 8 / PSP - 9 / PC - 51
#15someguyshandPosted 5/31/2012 4:24:23 PM
kamikaze135 posted...

It works fine, until you've got a problem with it. Then it's a ****ing ***** to get working again.

Not to mention that it is redundant when you got the game on Steam.
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1187135/you-re-tearing-me-apart-lisa-o.gif
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2012 4:25:39 PM
Oh look, a console developer doesn't know any better...

I think, probably, people should write kind, informative letters and emails to some of these development studios informing them of the reasoning behind not liking G4WL.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#17HollowNinjaPosted 5/31/2012 4:44:52 PM(edited)
GFWL is annoying, but I've never had such severe problems with it that would prevent me from buying a GFWL game. Given the circumstances surrounding Dark Souls PC, I can live with GFWL, since it makes porting the game easier.

I'll get excited about Dark Souls when they announce they're removing the 30 FPS cap and adding remappable keys

The 30 fps cap is unlikely to be removed because the physics engine uses a fixed timestep. This makes sense on consoles, because with consoles you won't be going over the cap. Dark Souls was never going to have a PC version initially, so the developers never thought twice about it. Now it's coming back to bite them in the ass. I think it would be awesome to have an unlocked framerate, but it's just not possible in this case without a total rewrite of the game's code. They're not doing this just to screw everyone over. They're doing it because they have no choice.

I don't know where you got the idea that there would be no remappable keys.

Before someone brings it up, the resolution will not be locked. Games that do not have full support for all major 4:3, 16:10, and 16:9 resolutions cannot receive Games for Windows Certification, so GFWL could not be implemented in a game that did not support them, since GFWL games must meet GFW requirements.

Honestly, I'm surprised people are making such a big deal out of Dark Souls having GFWL. I didn't see this level of whining for Fallout, Batman, or GTA4. GFWL sucks, but for most people it's just a minor inconvenience.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#18exclusiveburnerPosted 5/31/2012 4:53:49 PM
This game doesn't need mods at all...

This is an amazing single player game with an amazing PVP focus. PVP is a big part of this game. Also the dev's never said it was going to be locked at 30 fps they said the PS3 version was locked at 30 fps, people twist words so bad on PC boards.

I dumped hundreds of hours into the PS3 version, can't wait to get on the PC version.
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2012 4:58:51 PM
Not needing mods and not having mods are two different things.
Unreal didn't need mods. Neither did Half Life, or Far Cry. They still benefited from it. There's almost no game out there that actually needs mods(only examples I can think of are Bethesda games) but a lot of games still benefit greatly from it.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#20Dollarman_2005Posted 5/31/2012 5:08:47 PM
I still don't see the hype around this game at all.

I got pretty far into it on the Xbox and just did not find it fun, but rather tedious, boring, and slow.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.