This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

JRPGs on steam?

#11ChromaticAngelPosted 5/31/2012 3:05:02 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Chantelise, Recettear, and Ys aren't western made...

Also, Fortune Summoners.

no, I never said they were.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#12triple sPosted 5/31/2012 3:32:40 PM
I was lucky when I got L.R. As part of a Square deal for $75. Still haven't played it though.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#13snesmaster40Posted 5/31/2012 3:35:38 PM(edited)
Apparently Final Fantasy 7 and 8 were going to be on Steam (they appeared in the registry), but something happened and the deal fell through.
---
SRWG-W - http://www.srwg-w.org/
Are we not men?
#14tigerex777Posted 5/31/2012 3:35:26 PM
The last remnant is ok, I have it, but it's kind of repetitive. The combat at first is confusing and can be a little, but as you get used to it it becomes really. But after you're used to the combat the story and overall flow of the game is kinda slow and boring. It is still an ok rpg but I don't know why is it still so expensive. Imo, it's not really worth the price it is selling for right now.

For the Ys games, they are super awesome but they're 100% action adventure games with a slight rpg element, but it is a very basic one. I would even say they are more action/adventure period. But they are really good if you want to play a top of the class top-down action/adventure game. They have the best boss fights.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#15chris1001 the sequelPosted 5/31/2012 3:38:14 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Also, Fortune Summoners.

Actually those were your exact words

"Recettear, Chanetlise, Ys, and Cthulhu Saves the World / Breath of Death double pack are some western made jrpgs."

---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#16JustPlainEvilPosted 5/31/2012 3:38:20 PM
Ys Origin is fantastic, as well as Oath in Felghana. Both support Joypads if that's your thing.
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965, Sapphire HD6850, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W7.
#17Muffins_And_PiePosted 5/31/2012 3:39:40 PM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Also, Fortune Summoners.

Actually those were your exact words

"Recettear, Chanetlise, Ys, and Cthulhu Saves the World / Breath of Death double pack are some western made jrpgs."

He probably meant to use a period instead of a comma+and.
---
---
---
#18HollowNinjaPosted 5/31/2012 4:31:19 PM
The Ys games are good. Recettear, Chantelise, and Fortune Summoners are fan favorites. Cthulhu Saves the World / Breath of Death VII are old-school style JRPGs you might want to give a try.

The only one with even a middling budget is The Last Remnant. It's a pretty good game, though it's very unusual and may take some getting used to. For some reason, the price is still $50, though it goes pretty low on sales all the time so don't buy it at that price. There are non-Steam versions you may want to consider if you can't wait; they're typically even cheaper.

You should seriously consider buying a bunch of PS2 games and using PCSX2 to play them.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#19jimmy452(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 1:06:26 AM
Wow, plenty for me to look into/keep me busy for an insane amount of time. Cant thank you guys enough
#20Lum_YatsuraPosted 6/1/2012 4:59:44 AM
Don't pay $50! The Last Remnant is a retail Steam enabled game. Any new boxed copy should include its redeem code.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!