This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BF3 to get "VIP" service

#11DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2012 2:59:45 PM
I feel sorry for the people who are even remotely surprised by this.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#12TheDrizzuh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 5:07:42 PM
Orestes417 posted...

And screw in game VOIP, mumble or ventrilo are universally better anyway

Which are fine if you only play with your friends or on specific servers, native VOIP is still needed.
---
"I won! %@#$ you! You are dumb. I have crushed you."
--Wooz
#13Dollarman_2005Posted 5/31/2012 5:12:01 PM
TheDrizzuh posted...
Orestes417 posted...

And screw in game VOIP, mumble or ventrilo are universally better anyway

Which are fine if you only play with your friends or on specific servers, native VOIP is still needed.

Exactly. I really hate that argument. It doesn't help play with the randoms. Half the fun of BF2 was jumping in with randoms and screaming at each other to blow up the tank all the while everyone is drunk off their ass.

I actually want this since I do enjoy BF3, but I will not support this kind of business tactic, especially with how crummy the 3 new DLC packs look to be anyways.
#14cody4783Posted 5/31/2012 5:14:51 PM
DEADLY_HANGMAN posted...
Are you serious? I suddenly don't feel like playing BF3 anymore. Charging $50 for that stuff when I already spent $60 on the game is ludicrous.

Yah. :V

You had the B2K DLC already, as well, yes? So it's even worse.

I payed $30 for the game and $8 for the DLC..soo...Be dammed if they get more money from DLC vampires. When people leech it up and the community dies from segregation, it'll be the end of my playing. Already sporadic as it is with finding servers just being...weird. Seems like it's getting harder and harder to get decent games in.

TheDrizzuh posted...

Agreed. Throws teamwork out the window with regulars and every game is as good as a free for all.

Then again, considering the only thing I ever really see in TEXT chat is b****ing and moaning, I'm not sure I care what most people have to say...
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/cody48.png
#15Orestes417Posted 5/31/2012 5:57:33 PM
Then again, considering the only thing I ever really see in TEXT chat is b****ing and moaning, I'm not sure I care what most people have to say...

Bingo. Anyone I actually want to be able to talk to in game, I can already. The rest, I'd prefer not to deal with their bleating. As for teamwork, it's perfectly possible to work together without voice chat. You just need to have a clue and pay attention to what's going on around you.
---
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
#16_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 5/31/2012 5:59:31 PM
therickmu25 posted...
Not playIng till new 'large maps' and or VOIP. It's a joke being in a 64 player game of silence.

I know it is no excuse. But what exactly would you expect to happen if you got VOIP with random strangers.

Seems to me like it is only worth it with people you know, in which case you would use 3rd party software anyway.

Not making excuses, it should be in there. I am fairly certain I will not use it even once though.
---
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2012 6:03:01 PM
In Bad Company 2, I pretty regularly had people with mics trying to give me tactical advice.
Of course, I had no clue what was going on, so it didn't help much, but they were friendly and tried to be helpful, and it was nice.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#18ThingsFallApartPosted 5/31/2012 6:14:48 PM
It's a decent deal, I just don't like the idea of this individual themed DLC since most will not be interested in them all so it will just fragment the players. I hope we won't have to dick around with achievements to unlock the weapons either, pain in the ass.

Should have put all this content in an expansion in the first place, at expansion price. Then have a little "premium DLC" for the perks.
---
www.dowreplays.net
#19Orestes417Posted 5/31/2012 6:19:15 PM
I dunno. I found the assignments to be a nice break from the pure point grind. Need to be more varied though.
---
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
#20JonWood007Posted 5/31/2012 6:29:10 PM
Way for EA to **** on its best franchises yet again.

BF3 is NOT BF Play 4 free. Charging people for extra weapons and all might work well in the F2P field, but if I pay $60 ****ing dollars for a game, I better ****ing get the complete experience.

I'm not saying any more. I can't convey my thoughts about EA further than this without breaking TOS.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768