This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sager,MSI,PowerPro and ASUS?

#1QuestofChosenPosted 5/31/2012 4:45:14 PM
I was checking out Powernotebooks.com, is there a certain brand that is better than the rest? It seems like MSI and ASUS are the most expensive besides Alienware. Powerpro seems to be the cheapest. I do have my eyes set on the Sager NP9130 or one of the Powerpros. This would be my first gaming laptop and my first venture into pc gaming. Would the Sager be good?
#2link510Posted 5/31/2012 4:54:01 PM(edited)
Well. It's all about specs. Unless they're all the exact same price with the exact same specs (unlikely) than I think Sager is best for build quality. I would get from xoticpc.com, it's the most recommended around here. On xoticpc the NP9130 is $1066 and the next comparable priced laptop is an MSI with almost the exact same specs but a slightly slower cpu and 5400rpm hdd (vs 7200rpm) The sager is probably worth the extra $66 at that point.

Edit: I've never heard of powerpro laptops, so I would avoid them unless someone else comes in and says they're good.
#3QuestofChosen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 4:57:43 PM
I'll check out xoticpc.com, still looking around so more options is always better. I also noticed the standard CPU is an i5-2450M, but I want to upgrade it to an i7-3610QM($70). Would the upgrade be worthwhile? Thanks.