This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a free to play mmo with in depth crafting, skill trees, and the...

#1waffleash69Posted 5/31/2012 6:49:28 PM
ability to solo if i want to.

Crafting is my favorite part of an mmo. I played WoW for 3 years and crafting was my favorite part about it. I love going out and farming for the materials I need.

I can't stand Runes of Magic. I didn't like the limited crafting options in LOTRO. I hate not having a free ranged 'hunter' class in Age of Conan. Forsaken World was probably the best so far, and since it's been over a year since I've played it, I may try that.

I also want skill trees and the ability to solo. I don't want to solo everything. But I would like to be able to log in after work and accomplish things on my own without having to rely on a group. I do like instances, and FW did it pretty well.

I gave EQ2 a try after it went free to play, but after my HDD crash I never redownloaded it.

Any suggestions?
---
Playing: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim(PC)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit -- AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 --Radeon HD 5770 1gb -- 4gb DDR2 RAM -- BFG 550w PSU
#2JenfromwinPosted 5/31/2012 6:51:03 PM
EQ2

Only cause it has the best housing which you can craft alot of things for that. Also they have a thing where you can make your own dungeons.
#3waffleash69(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 8:17:11 PM
Jenfromwin posted...
EQ2

Only cause it has the best housing which you can craft alot of things for that. Also they have a thing where you can make your own dungeons.

I have absolutely no interest in player housing. But thank you
---
Playing: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim(PC)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit -- AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 --Radeon HD 5770 1gb -- 4gb DDR2 RAM -- BFG 550w PSU
#4unsolidsnakePosted 6/1/2012 8:20:33 PM
Well I always thought EVE Online was pretty amazing, super unique, and insanely in depth. Although its not free to play, if you make enough in game money you can buy game time with it.
---
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png
#5CatToyPosted 6/1/2012 8:24:48 PM
Of all the MMO's I've played, EQ2 is the only one that I found the crafting to actually be enjoyable as opposed to a mindless grind.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/338862/