This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Max Payne 3 for PC is fantastic.

#31DEADLY_HANGMANPosted 5/31/2012 10:28:09 PM
I'd like more screenshots. So far I am unimpressed.
---
WATCH ME BEAT UP MY BACKLOG
http://bit.ly/Jzq9za
#32wheepitupPosted 5/31/2012 10:37:11 PM
Shebeskii posted...
wheepitup posted...
Shebeskii posted...
wheepitup posted...
Can you take a screencap of the graphics option menu?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/596972261290628604/8B5D5C24572ADE9F500957F689949048AD201C8F/

Nice, looks very customizable. Care to explain what the varying levels of tessellation seem to affect? In terms of visual quality and cost of FPS, with pics if possible.

I would but it's getting late.

One thing I can say: the levels of tessellation are noticeable. That character on the screen is full 3D rendering in engine. Every change you apply changes the details on the character. Depending on where you are in the game changes this main menu rendering, so graphics comparisons don't stay steady.

HDAO looks a lot better than SSAO, just like in BF3 (well BF3 uses the inferior HBAO, as HDAO is even better, but you understand).

Reflections are the best reflections in a game.

DX10.1 is actually a separate function from DX10. It allows MSAA. DX10 can't support MSAA, but 10.1 can. It scales what you can use depending on the DX mode.

MSAA requires a restart every time you want to even change it, but it works well. All other settings change on the fly.

FXAA is stellar in this title. It barely blurs the image and looks fantastic. MSAA does help, but the performance hit isn't like BF3.

Over all, this "port" is about as far from a port could ever be. In fact, it's one of the most polished, fully featured PC games in a long time, at least when it comes to the technical side of things. It's a Metro 2033 programmed right :D.

Sounds great, I can't wait to get my Special Edition in the mail tomorrow! Oh and you should probably set this troll straight on the MP3 board, he's claiming it's a horrible port and that people should pirate the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/920061-max-payne-3/62969454
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter My Collection - http://people.ign.com/decayedmatter/games
#33FenriswolfPosted 5/31/2012 10:38:32 PM
Rockstar on 35 GB:

"The installed size of Max Payne 3 is due to the no-compromise quality of its assets, which already push console disc space to the limits. A good portion of the extra space requirements on PC can be attributed to the increased size of the textures, which are four times the size of those on consoles. In addition, the audio quality is significantly higher than the consoles due to lower compression rates, which improves audio fidelity. Again, this comes back to the range of possibilities that the PC platform opens up for us. That, combined with higher video settings when running the game, results in substantially better visual quality."

I call BS, considering the 360 version comes on 2 discs which is around 15GBs and looks just as good. Plus the 35GB rquirement is a dealbreaker for many people who have download quotas.
---
Hello
#34wheepitupPosted 5/31/2012 10:41:24 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Rockstar on 35 GB:

"The installed size of Max Payne 3 is due to the no-compromise quality of its assets, which already push console disc space to the limits. A good portion of the extra space requirements on PC can be attributed to the increased size of the textures, which are four times the size of those on consoles. In addition, the audio quality is significantly higher than the consoles due to lower compression rates, which improves audio fidelity. Again, this comes back to the range of possibilities that the PC platform opens up for us. That, combined with higher video settings when running the game, results in substantially better visual quality."

I call BS, considering the 360 version comes on 2 discs which is around 15GBs and looks just as good. Plus the 35GB rquirement is a dealbreaker for many people who have download quotas.

Looks just as good, lol, yea right, and the 360 prerendered cutscenes are probably in 720p bink video where the pc version is most likely 1080p, hence the large size.
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter My Collection - http://people.ign.com/decayedmatter/games
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2012 10:41:44 PM
Fenriswolf posted...

Perhaps PC gaming isn't for you.
For that matter, maybe you shouldn't buy a new console ever, either, seeing as 360 is "just as good".
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#36Shebeskii(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 10:45:26 PM
DEADLY_HANGMAN posted...
I'd like more screenshots. So far I am unimpressed.

These screens don't show off some of the amazing lighting and reflections, but it's where I am in the game and I'm not replaying sections for screens.

Shows off the GREAT character models with tessellation:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596972261291032575/A489AF762BA4C2211FB6B63C966A96FC617C16AE/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/596972261291037668/5D9D019A32107D9166EA61195E089F0EB9B6D91B/

That's all for now.

I'm pretty sure by these screens you can tell that this game doesn't look anywhere near the console counterparts.
---
Believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who find it.
2500K (4.2GHz), Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3, 8GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Xonar DG, Fractal R3, Win7 64
#37Shebeskii(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 10:46:22 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Rockstar on 35 GB:

Just as good? Are you just trying to get under my skin? You haven't even played the game. This title is one of the great examples of how much better a PC version can look. It's nearly a generation ahead in some areas.
---
2500K (4.2GHz), Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3, 8GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Xonar DG, Fractal R3, Win7 64
#38wheepitupPosted 5/31/2012 10:48:07 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Rockstar on 35 GB:

Just as good? Are you just trying to get under my skin? You haven't even played the game. This title is one of the great examples of how much better a PC version can look. It's nearly a generation ahead in some areas.

How many FPS you getting with those settings?
---
#39Shebeskii(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 10:57:55 PM(edited)
wheepitup posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Rockstar on 35 GB:

How many FPS you getting with those settings?

50-60 :)

That first screen is blurred by mistake. I think I was moving the camera, or maybe the FXAA doesn't transfer to screens well.

Some of the reflections are "oh my godddd" worthy. You stare at the floor in awe of how complex and awesome it looks.

It sucks that I can't get screens of how good it looks. Picture that second red main menu screen with Max close up with that sort of lighting and detail, but in game, in the midst of a number of dynamic lights, reflections, debris, particle effects etc. with great textures everywhere.

It's not a perfect looking game, though. It has weaknesses. But no one will play for an hour and be "unimpressed". If you are, then nothing out can impress.

Nothing.
---
#40xAlucardraculAxPosted 5/31/2012 10:58:52 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Rockstar on 35 GB:

Dealbreaker? Just buy the retail version at the store lol. I doubt the 360 even comes close to the PC counterpart. Looking just as good =/= playing as good. How's that 360 frame rate?
---
Death Is In The Air!