This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy an SSD?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy an SSD?
3 years ago#1
Specs are in sig. I'm seriously considering it, I just don't know what the hell to choose from. I want a 128GB one at least, but what are the best brand names/models? I'm looking for:

1. Reliability (I want it to last for at least a few years)
2. Performance
3. Cost (Hoping to spend around $100 but could go higher)

Thanks.
---
i5-2500k (@4.3GHz) Hyper 212+ | AsRock z68 Extreme3 | GTX 560 Ti 448 @(820/1980)
CM690 II Adv | G-Skill 2x4GB PC1600 | CM Silent Pro 700W
3 years ago#2
Crucial M4 is pretty much exactly what you want.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
3 years ago#3
Crucial M4
Samsung 830
Intel 520
Plextor
Kingston
3 years ago#4
dat crucial m4
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
3 years ago#5
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Crucial M4 is pretty much exactly what you want.

I have it running in my computer and it's insanely fast coupled with the fact that's it up there as one of the most reliable SSD's
3 years ago#6
the 128GB has a speed increase over the 64GB, so do get the 128
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
3 years ago#7
YES, worth its weight in gold, though that isnt a good statement in this case.......
---
<- Q9550@3.3 - G31M - Hyper 212+ - 4 gig 1066 - GTX 470 650mhz - xfi 5.1 usb - turtle beach HPA2 true 5.1 - 64 gig Mushkin SSD ->
3 years ago#8
I'm running a Samsung 830 right now, but the Crucial M4 is still really fast to the point where you probably wouldn't even notice the difference.

YES, worth its weight in gold, though that isnt a good statement in this case.......

Even though they are really lite (75g or 2.64oz) and with the price of gold as it is ($1560.50/oz) its weight in gold would be ~$4120 I wouldn't say it is worth its weight in gold.
---
Oh god there's not enough liquor and therapy in the world to undue that.
3 years ago#9
I do not think it means what you think it means.
---
Sorry if I came off kinda rude... You might have just experienced a sargasm...
Final Fantasy XI - Sobah - Server - Asura
3 years ago#10
ihumpmypillow89 posted...
I'm running a Samsung 830 right now, but the Crucial M4 is still really fast to the point where you probably wouldn't even notice the difference.

Even though they are really lite (75g or 2.64oz) and with the price of gold as it is ($1560.50/oz) its weight in gold would be ~$4120 I wouldn't say it is worth its weight in gold.

facepalm on that second comment

but anyway, sounds like the Crucial M4 is the best option right now? I didn't want to drop an extra $25 but if it means reliability than I suppose I have to.

---
i5-2500k (@4.3GHz) Hyper 212+ | AsRock z68 Extreme3 | GTX 560 Ti 448 @(820/1980)
CM690 II Adv | G-Skill 2x4GB PC1600 | CM Silent Pro 700W
(edited by BMANZZS)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I buy an SSD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived