This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starforge (Minecraft inspired game)

#1alhvatrPosted 5/31/2012 9:29:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YxBSYit49c8

still in alpha but you can play it now apparently. looks interesting.
#2Muffins_And_PiePosted 5/31/2012 9:32:57 PM
I'll probably check it out with a few friends when the multiplayer comes out.
---
---
---
#3Marioface5Posted 5/31/2012 9:39:33 PM(edited)
I hope they release a version of the Alpha where movement isn't so horribly buggy. I want to build a tower to space, but it's like my character is drunk the whole time.

Anyway, it seems like a neat game. Definitely different enough from Minecraft and Terraria to be its own thing and not just another clone. I am a little worried about the payment method though, I've heard that in the future there's going to be microtransactions involved, and that's almost never a good thing.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#4jake-sfPosted 5/31/2012 9:51:19 PM(edited)
I've seen tech demos before (this is what it is to me). Showcase of new technologies or new ways of doing things in game that leads to interesting results...

And boy I love the audacity of this one. The ideas of physics and how the world is designed, what can be done with it, how you can go in space from the ground and all over with no loading, etc....

I think the concept is amazing. This is the kind of technologies that makes me dream of the possibilities of games that could come out of such things.

Of course, its far from perfect from what I can see. Boy, they need to stop those legs...

EDIT: Actually playing it though... this is horrible right now. I have no idea how to do anything. Everything is incredibly clunky. I understand its "very early" alpha so I'm going to give it time. I have no clue how he did anything he did in the video.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#5JonWood007Posted 5/31/2012 9:52:13 PM
I think there's another topic, but I agree with the above. It's a great concept, but in this early alpha....it's very flawed, especially from the control standpoint. I understand where people are coming from saying its like they're character is drunk. Interface also needs to be a lot simpler.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#6Marioface5Posted 5/31/2012 10:50:44 PM
Somehow I managed to build a tower up after a while of trying, and eventually you just hit an invisible ceiling for now.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#7Flame_HazardPosted 5/31/2012 11:33:21 PM
Now this is a world builder I could play. I can't really get into minecraft (not that I've tried much), but graphics like these would motivate me to spend time building a world of sorts..Hope it comes out pretty good in the end.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#8tomma101Posted 5/31/2012 11:49:18 PM
Apart from the bugs, which are to be expected in the first alpha release, this looks to be a great game
---
It's pretty BS that you have to have an internet connection to download games now a days. -GeneralGilbert
Australia, love it or leave it
#9ZeraphLordSPosted 6/1/2012 12:49:14 AM
i like the graphics

dat mobility
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs