This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NoScript for chrome?

#11LOLownageasdPosted 6/1/2012 5:47:34 AM
chrome enjoy your botnet
---
"donot anger me. you have not yet begun to experiance the worst of my rage" -me
#12SScorpioPosted 6/1/2012 6:15:36 AM
As other people have said there is NotScript. However, I found NotScript and the Chrome version of Ad Block Plus lacking compared to their Firefox counter parts. I used Chrome exclusively for a month, and ended up going back to Firefox.

The limits in the extensions in Chrome is caused by the exposed API. So it isn't likely they will be enhanced to run as well as the Firefox versions anytime soon.
#13TheNeckbeardPosted 6/1/2012 7:27:28 AM
ScriptNo

That's what I use in Chrome
#14TheNeckbeardPosted 6/1/2012 7:32:19 AM(edited)
Everything you do is tracked online. They might not be compiling your bank statements, but everything you search, every page you visit, every video you watch and like is tracked and passed around companies.

Why is that a bad thing? It just tailors results better, which in the end, is better for me.

it also filters you from everything else. So instead of getting all the news you only get what the site things you want to see, so you only get a certain side of things, or miss some news entirely.

Also do you want others knowing every site you visit all the time?

I use scriptno and adblock plus and I regularly use ccleaner to clean what cookies do come through.
#15EternalFlame66Posted 6/1/2012 8:48:47 AM
ScripNo or NotScripts
---
Such is your fate.
#16SpacewhizguyPosted 6/1/2012 10:34:57 AM
flagg2kplus posted...
Spacewhizguy posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
Man Im sick of collecting these adware/tracking cookies left and right while browsing.

I've got a high quality tinfoil hat to sell you.

Umm he's not wrong.

Everything you do is tracked online. They might not be compiling your bank statements, but everything you search, every page you visit, every video you watch and like is tracked and passed around companies.

I'll offer you a 5-pack special of my finest hats. Save in bulk!
---
What's a sig?
#17cup_a_soupPosted 6/1/2012 4:52:05 PM
it also filters you from everything else. So instead of getting all the news you only get what the site things you want to see, so you only get a certain side of things, or miss some news entirely.

I don't think I have ever used Google for news articles, and I cannot see how the things I search for on Google could possibly be 'one sided'.

Also do you want others knowing every site you visit all the time?

I use scriptno and adblock plus and I regularly use ccleaner to clean what cookies do come through.

I don't care what some random person in a company sees the websites I visit. If I did though, then I would just use Incognito browsing.
---
Need to boost online achievements in GTA4! (X360)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/segagamer/Untitled-19.png