This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now my computer basically belongs to my father... v_v

#1Solid SonicPosted 6/1/2012 7:12:29 AM
Up until recently, every part in the computer except for the graphics card was a gift from my dad for various reasons (the case was a birthday present then everything minus the GPU was a Christmas present).

But now with my personal GPU out of commission for the time being, he purchased a graphics card and PSU for my computer too because he felt bad. So now I technically can't claim any of my PC is actually "mine".

I feel like a mooch.
---
It's official: I'm going through whatever the gaming equivalent of a mid-life crisis is.
#2schadowPosted 6/1/2012 7:14:03 AM
If you don't pay rent, you can't even claim your own room.
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#3housefishisbackPosted 6/1/2012 7:14:35 AM
i wish i had people to buy me things
---
LOLing Michigan since Sept 1st, 2007
"I believe the best social program is a job" -Reagan
#4Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 7:15:00 AM
He calls them "early birthday presents".

Still...feel like a mooch.
---
It's official: I'm going through whatever the gaming equivalent of a mid-life crisis is.
#5AllHailTheDead6Posted 6/1/2012 7:27:22 AM
schadow posted...
If you don't pay rent, you can't even claim your own room.

hahahaha

sadly my dad tells me this like every week :(
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#6R i c kPosted 6/1/2012 7:44:11 AM
So get a job, move out and buy your own computer? Simple solution for not feeling like a mooch.
---
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
>
#7Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 7:48:48 AM
Yeah but I didn't even ask him for this stuff. I was planning to build the PC myself (I accepted the case but that's all I was expecting him to contribute) but then right before I was set to I spent a lot of money on my car. So he gave me a bunch of parts that Christmas.

And again with this. I was content with using an old (though somewhat faulty; I was planning on getting a $30 or so card to hold me over as well as give us a new card to use in test machines later) GPU to keep my computer operational while my high-end card was off at repair but he stepped up and purchased this stuff. I'm not going to turn it down because it'd be ungrateful and insulting.

He just seems to be a really great dad but I feel awkward that I've done so little on my own.
---