This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

to everyone that thinks ALIENWARE is ripoff. is this m18x worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. to everyone that thinks ALIENWARE is ripoff. is this m18x worth it?

User Info: pspmaster23

pspmaster23
4 years ago#1
ll get a phone call this afternoon to confirm everything i got...everything BASE on m18x+sli 7970m cf discounts..
15% all gpu upgrades
5% gift card of whatever u spent 200$ gift card
m18x backpack 2 day shipping everything was
$2,491.90 (with tax... i know subtotal was like $2,300)

i get all those gift cards later to spend..but i dont know what to get! and i asked for 1 day shipping i had an option of +25$ more. i plan on asking this afternoon for the 1 day shipping. and see if everythin idk what else i can ask to milk them more. im not sure how well i did but yea......! rate 1-10, and has anybody gotten a deal like this? if not better?! im also not sure if i need to upgrade ram. i hope this last 4years. ssd i can upgrading my processor i heard its not needed but for games in near futire..
i39.tinypic.com/15zf39y.jpg i40.tinypic.com/vzyq6t.jpg <D2 My Puppie>
Psn Demon_SouL Account made-Dec/06 Youtube.com/Demonsouls15

User Info: Szymaa

Szymaa
4 years ago#2
$2400 for a laptop...
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves

User Info: Code 51 50

Code 51 50
4 years ago#3
Why not spend $1,400 for a top of the line Desktop and $1,000 on a laptop...
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

pspmaster23
4 years ago#4
i have no rooom for desktop, i have my reason to not say so in gamefaqs.

User Info: MaestroSSX

MaestroSSX
4 years ago#5
then get a sager from xotic pc...
XBox 360
A barbone PC with a gfx card that was outdated years ago

pspmaster23
4 years ago#6
this is sli, dual graphics cards...

do u guys know theres big difference between sager np9170 to the m18x. the closest would be m17x but yeah.idk what else runs dual 7970m's

i guess u guys dont really think the price is good?

why buy mercedes when u can buy honda?

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
4 years ago#7
Yes the m18x is worth it. You could have probably gotten a better discount by haggling on the phone with a rep.

m18x is an awesome laptop. I have a m17x and i wish i had a m18x instead. It has an anodized aluminum case. The thing is built like a sherman tank. Its extremely classy and is definitely something cool to look at with all the lighting controls. Also, with the 7970m Crossfire, you would easily have a better computer than most users here. Even with the lowest ivy bridge cpu (which is all you're gona need gaming-wise), you'd still have one hell of a beast with those GPUs.

If you can, i would get the lowest possible RAM and cheapest HDD available from Dell (to knock off some $$ from the price) and upgrade it yourself for half the price.
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#8
Alienware laptops are typically not overpriced, they're just expensive. Every gaming laptop out there is expensive. Currently Sager doesn't have anything that can compete with the M18x.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
4 years ago#9
Decent price for that laptop with those GPUs. Better lift some weights, it's gonna be huge.

User Info: centsy

centsy
4 years ago#10
I guess if you have the money it's worth it... But to me it doesn't seem like the difference between 7970m and 2x 7970m is worth $1000 (for the np9170 vs m18x).
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6758/6759.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. to everyone that thinks ALIENWARE is ripoff. is this m18x worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived