This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how outdated are ps3,360 graphics? yet the games coming out now to the future ..

#1pspmaster23Posted 6/1/2012 5:39:05 PM
look good? ps3,360 graphics from the time games were release it keep getting better and better, how do they do it?

and buying a high end graphi card. people say its just gonna get outdated...same thing goes for consoles syetm, but they should be more powerful than consoles. right?
---
i39.tinypic.com/15zf39y.jpg i40.tinypic.com/vzyq6t.jpg <D2 My Puppie>
Psn Demon_SouL Account made-Dec/06 Youtube.com/Demonsouls15
#2MageofBlood391Posted 6/1/2012 5:42:52 PM
As time goes on, developers get better at designing for consoles, so they continually look better and better. This is unique to consoles because they have static, specific hardware that doesn't change over time. PCs, however, are constantly evolving and there are more types of graphics cards on the market at any given time than the total number of consoles that have really ever been released. So developers are forced to make generally runnable games that aren't specialized on any one particular video card, because it would make the game run worse on any other card.

Any graphics card you buy at this point will produce better visuals than either of the current gen consoles.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#3tigerex777Posted 6/1/2012 5:44:44 PM
They're not really outdated per se, but they just don't have the capability to push certain things like DX11 features, high levels of AA and AF, high shadows and high levels of shaders. But if the game is made specifically coded for that hardware, it can achieve graphics that I really haven't seen on PC. For example, look at games like GoW3, Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 on the PS3. Those games were specifically coded to take advantage of the PS3 hardware. Besides having weak AA and slightly lower res than say a PC game maxed out, everything else looks fantastic. PC games on the other hand are coded a bit differently. They are not specifically coded for a specific type of hardware, but instead just give you a bunch of graphical options to try to suite your taste and you computer's ability to run them well.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#4triple sPosted 6/1/2012 5:45:22 PM
360/PS3 run at either 720p/sub 720p with most of the time 30fps or lower(with the occasional 60fps title here and there) I witnessed a piece of **** ATI 5550 crush the console versions of games at 720p and at times 1080p. Console graphics are very outdated and I really feel 1080/60fps needs to be a focus next gen if they don't want to be completely left behind like they are now.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#5triple sPosted 6/1/2012 5:47:54 PM
tigerex777 posted...
They're not really outdated per se, but they just don't have the capability to push certain things like DX11 features, high levels of AA and AF, high shadows and high levels of shaders. But if the game is made specifically coded for that hardware, it can achieve graphics that I really haven't seen on PC. For example, look at games like GoW3, Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 on the PS3. Those games were specifically coded to take advantage of the PS3 hardware. Besides having weak AA and slightly lower res than say a PC game maxed out, everything else looks fantastic. PC games on the other hand are coded a bit differently. They are not specifically coded for a specific type of hardware, but instead just give you a bunch of graphical options to try to suite your taste and you computer's ability to run them well.

Though I see your point, I did giggle a little bit when you said "slightly lower res". The resolution alone can make a dramatic difference. I would absolutely love to see God of War 3 on the PC.
---
#6pspmaster23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 5:49:52 PM
i seee thanks,so a graphic card, let's say i get a 7970m and then run it for borderlands 2 when it comes out, it will look better than ps3/360, correct? buttt if u get a graphic card thats release when borderlands 2 come out, it will look better than 7970m?
---
i39.tinypic.com/15zf39y.jpg i40.tinypic.com/vzyq6t.jpg <D2 My Puppie>
Psn Demon_SouL Account made-Dec/06 Youtube.com/Demonsouls15
#7tigerex777Posted 6/1/2012 5:51:01 PM
tigerex777 posted...

Though I see your point, I did giggle a little bit when you said "slightly lower res". The resolution alone can make a dramatic difference. I would absolutely love to see God of War 3 on the PC.

Yeah I know the res is much lower, but I'm trying to not sound like the PC is super OP; which in truth is not. Because of hardware limitations, consoles have to take a lot of hits like 30fps cap, low levels of AA and AF, draw distance and texture resolution.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#8triple sPosted 6/1/2012 5:58:32 PM
pspmaster23 posted...
i seee thanks,so a graphic card, let's say i get a 7970m and then run it for borderlands 2 when it comes out, it will look better than ps3/360, correct? buttt if u get a graphic card thats release when borderlands 2 come out, it will look better than 7970m?

Any modern day graphics card that is meant to be a graphics card, the 360 or PS3 will not match. Plain and simple. This is what the 7970m is capable of...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-radeon-7970m-alienware-m17x-r4-review
---
#9MachEvolutionPosted 6/1/2012 6:10:46 PM
You can buy a $400 laptop that's equivalent to or better than the Xbox 360. It's incredibly outdated and it really shows in the games. Low resolution, low framerate(some games run sub-30FPS), and poor textures. The longer developers have to work on a certain piece of hardware the better the results they can get out of it. There are tons of development tricks that are used to coverup the weakness of the system, but I think the games have reach a point where they can't really look any better. Pretty much everything on Xbox 360 has looked the same since a year or two ago, there's no more tricks developers can use to get around the low specs of the system.

Microsoft and Sony really should release their next systems early next year, but they're nowhere near ready for that right now. Nintendo is going to have a big advantage releasing the Wii U this year, and I highly doubt the next Xbox and Playstation are going to outclass the Wii U the way the Wii was outclassed.

Let me put it to you this way, the power gap between Wii and Xbox 360 is smaller than the gap between Xbox 360 and a decent gaming PC.
#10Tyranius2Posted 6/1/2012 6:10:47 PM
I guess we can all agree that consoles have surpassed PCs. With good optimization there's nothing stopping them from getting games to look as good as PC games on max graphics. Just look, Crysis 1 is here and Uncharted already looked better than 95% of PC games.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
http://i.imgur.com/fRlDT.jpg