This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reckon my rig can hold up till Skymont comes out in 2016?

#21AlleRacingPosted 6/2/2012 1:00:47 AM
You'll almost certainly need more hard drive space.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#22reincarnator07Posted 6/2/2012 2:42:42 AM
iMpLuX posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
But, hey, it's the first dual core

AMD's first dual-core was 2 years earlier. And it was designed from scratch.

Starks posted...
Fun fact: AMD is stuck with Bulldozer until Skylake/Skymount. Intel will already be past Ivybridge and Haswell/Maxwell in that time.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I love it how AMD is first to do it, and then Intel copies it and snags all the sales. I'd rather support a company that cares about it's customer base then some company looking at what the other guy does and tries to deliver first w/ a sub-par product.

*cough*$1000PentiumExtremeEdition*cough*

Tell me how it's not a bad thing AMD are stuck with bulldozer that ALREADY can't compete with intel's current lineup for another few years?
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#23schadowPosted 6/2/2012 3:13:26 AM
14 nm? I thought we were about to reach a lower limit?
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#24godplaysSNESPosted 6/2/2012 3:44:01 AM(edited)
I've always said that a rig's length of life today will be determined by the next-gen consoles' specs

The HD6970 will obviously need to be upgraded if you want to enjoy future games on higher settings than low...More and more games using DX11 will make your GPU "better" utilized, but there will probably also be higher requirements for tessellation and other features

I've personally settled for holding out with my Phenom II X6 and HD5770 for yet some years, perhaps when Skymont comes...I'm already prepared to upgrade the GPU once(already "slow" by today's standards), perhaps to a low-mid range DX12 GPU when they come out
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
Won't get Battlefield 3 until all DLC is included
#25YoungAdultLinkPosted 6/2/2012 4:54:28 PM
iMpLuX posted...
AMD's first dual-core was 2 years earlier. And it was designed from scratch.

AMD and Intel both released their first dual cores, the Athlon 64 x2 and the Pentium D, in the same month of the same year. And the athlon was only kind of designed from scratch. They based it on a server CPU that was already setup to run in tandem with another CPU, they simply put both of them on one chip instead of on two.

So, maybe AMD came out with theirs first, I'm not sure, but they both came out in May of 05.
---
Steam sales. There are at least 9 every week, including mid week madness and weekend deals.
#26mafiafunPosted 6/2/2012 4:56:07 PM
My previous computer held for 6 years and I just built a new one now. I coulda still continued on that one but I wanted something that could run modern games better.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler