This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HDMI sound not being detected after TV turns off

#1Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 6/1/2012 11:15:07 PM
Whenever my TV shuts itself down for power-saving after the screen is disabled following whatever interval I have it set to, when I turn it back on the playback device is reading as "Not plugged in".

It most certainly is plugged in, and after unplugging the HDMI cable and hooking it back up the device is accessible again, but most of the programs I'm using will not be able to play sound through it until they're rebooted (Chrome, League of Legends, whatever).

This only started happening when I updated the GPU driver to...wait.

This only started happening when I thought I was updating the driver to AMD Catalyst 12.4 yesterday, but apparently it failed even though it said it succeeded, since CCC is still reading it as version 12.3 and asking me to update to 12.4 again.

I'm going to try re-updating and rebooting when it finishes again. Meanwhile, any advice?
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*
#2jessica73Posted 6/2/2012 1:11:03 AM
As far as I know, there's no way to stop it with a TV, other than just restarting the programs and/or switching users and logging back in real quick to re-enable the sound. Unless you have an hdmi HTS receiver, then you could have it not shut off along with the tv, at least it works for mine-
---
http://sig.goozex.com/signature/TheBotQueen.png