This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Comparing computers to cars

#1schadowPosted 6/2/2012 4:30:17 AM
Why are so many opposed to this idea? I find it to be extremely suited for analogizing (can I say that? Analogizing?).

Computers have specs. Cars have specs. Both can be upgraded to increase either raw power or unnecessary luxury/comfort.
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#2snesmaster40Posted 6/2/2012 4:41:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3JavelinPosted 6/2/2012 4:48:13 AM
People are opposed to this idea? Must be the console peasants playing games on their go-karts.
---
It's never just a game when you're winning.
#4schadow(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:03:13 AM
Javelin posted...
People are opposed to this idea? Must be the console peasants playing games on their go-karts.

I actually find it quite alarming that the first poster is named snesmaster, and deleted his own message.
---
#5snesmaster40Posted 6/2/2012 5:09:40 AM
schadow posted...
Javelin posted...

I actually find it quite alarming that the first poster is named snesmaster, and deleted his own message.

Actually I deleted it because I posted something silly. The original message was "Cars aren't meant for indoors" or something like that.
---
SRWG-W - http://www.srwg-w.org/
Are we not men?
#6Incendia_IntusPosted 6/2/2012 5:17:07 AM
Because that would make sense, and this is the internet; a place where that is not allowed.
---
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 580 1536MB | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair 600T
#7schadow(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:29:19 AM
Incendia_Intus posted...
Because that would make sense, and this is the internet; a place where that is not allowed.

That actually makes... sens-

Hey, you. Get out!
---
#8BlackMantisPosted 6/2/2012 5:57:34 AM
As someone with relatively good hardware, I am all in favor of this practice.
#9Orestes417Posted 6/2/2012 6:36:20 AM
Because if we prioritized cars like most of the people around here prioritized computers we'd all be driving JATO powered, Neon laden, box vans.
---
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
#10AlleRacingPosted 6/2/2012 8:36:12 AM
Because, despite the possibility for a good analogy to be made, it's almost always a terrible one, often reinforced by the fact that the one making the analogy has very limited or perhaps no knowledge of cars.

The problem is that people just suck at making analogies, especially when they're trying to argue a point. They are always keen to embellish one side of an analogy or omit certain things to make their side appear more favourable.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg