This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bad Company 2 Has Been Stressin My Hardware.

#11NeoBillbinePosted 6/2/2012 4:21:41 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b449/Epic-Kingdom/PrintScreen-1.png

Well I have never had temp problems before, especially w/ this GPU, I've owned this GPU for about a year (bought it used, some guy tried to crossfire it I believe w/ another 5770 but wasn't pleased), & I've been threw countless of games w/ it as well in all that time, especially games like Crysis. Above is a screenshot of OpenHardware & my temps.

I noticed in your Hardware monitor screen shot that your fan was at 36%. Have you tried going into the Catalyst Control Center and increasing your 5770's fan speed with the Overdrive function. This may lower your temps a bit.

Concerning your power supply, it only has 19 A in the +12 rail. Your pc might be pushing it a little too hard considering it might not even be rated at that.
---
i7 2700K, ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PRO, NH-D14, 16 GB G.Skill
Ripjaws DDR3, GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Asus Xonar DG, Corsair HX650, Arc Midi
#12EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 4:37:21 PM(edited)
NeoBillbine posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...

Well I have never had temp problems before, especially w/ this GPU, I've owned this GPU for about a year (bought it used, some guy tried to crossfire it I believe w/ another 5770 but wasn't pleased), & I've been threw countless of games w/ it as well in all that time, especially games like Crysis. Above is a screenshot of OpenHardware & my temps.

I noticed in your Hardware monitor screen shot that your fan was at 36%. Have you tried going into the Catalyst Control Center and increasing your 5770's fan speed with the Overdrive function. This may lower your temps a bit.

Concerning your power supply, it only has 19 A in the +12 rail. Your pc might be pushing it a little too hard considering it might not even be rated at that.

Alright well my computer was in my closet (that has like a sliding mirror door) I just moved my room around & put the computer near my window, just started things up so far I'm reading 28 for the CPU & 48 for the GPU on the desktop. (edit) now 47c).

As for the fan % I was wondering about that as well but I do not know how to function or properly tinkle w/ the settings in overdrive, any risk? As for your PSU input, should I upgrade then?

Thank you all for helping me get to the bottom of this.
#13MrEverdredPosted 6/2/2012 4:35:02 PM

Just to add to this, if you do change the fan speed manually it won't increase on it's own during higher GPU usage so remember to crank it up when gaming. You could also use software to create custom fan profiles that will keep your card cooler.
---
Phenom II X4 960T | 8GB Mushkin Silverline | XFX HD 6850
Add me on BC2 & BF3: xEverdred
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/2/2012 4:48:33 PM
That PSU only has 19a on the 12v rail. That's 228w between your CPU, GPU, and most of your system.
While that's probably enough under normal circumstances, that it's being called a 580w PSU when even the combined total ampere load barely breaks 550w suggests it's a terrible quality unit.
It's pretty doubtful that your entire system would shut off because your GPU overheated. Replace that PSU.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#15NeoBillbinePosted 6/2/2012 4:59:02 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
NeoBillbine posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...

Alright well my computer was in my closet (that has like a sliding mirror door) I just moved my room around & put the computer near my window, just started things up so far I'm reading 28 for the CPU & 48 for the GPU on the desktop. (edit) now 47c).

As for the fan % I was wondering about that as well but I do not know how to function or properly tinkle w/ the settings in overdrive, any risk? As for your PSU input, should I upgrade then?

Thank you all for helping me get to the bottom of this.

You really do need to replace that power supply. If you live in the US, check out the power supplies I listed below. They are reasonably priced and are also built by Seasonic, which happens to be a reputable psu manufacturer.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=60491&vpn=NEO%2DECO450C&manufacture=Antec&promoid=1068

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59616&promoid=1068
---
Ripjaws DDR3, GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Asus Xonar DG, Corsair HX650, Arc Midi
#16EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:00:41 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That PSU only has 19a on the 12v rail. That's 228w between your CPU, GPU, and most of your system.
While that's probably enough under normal circumstances, that it's being called a 580w PSU when even the combined total ampere load barely breaks 550w suggests it's a terrible quality unit.
It's pretty doubtful that your entire system would shut off because your GPU overheated. Replace that PSU.

Alright well that is what I will do if that's the problem.
Any suggestions?

I got about $80, that enough?
Also should I not do any gaming till I replace it?

As for the GPU fan % suggestion, any guidance how to do that & are there any consequences?
---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini Tower | 500GB HDD
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/2/2012 5:12:42 PM(edited)
I wouldn't even turn the computer on until you replace it myself.
Get a CX430 or something, those are dirt cheap and can probably double the safe output of that trash.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#18EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:22:23 PM(edited)
Thank you for the suggestions NeoBillbine. I like the second link.
@ JonWood007, there was no BSOD screen though?

---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini Tower | 500GB HDD
#19JonWood007Posted 6/2/2012 5:20:33 PM
Look in event logs to see if you find a bsod code at time of crash. If so, post the code so we can figure out what it is.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#20NeoBillbinePosted 6/2/2012 5:21:57 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Alright well that is what I will do if that's the problem.
Any suggestions?

I got about $80, that enough?
Also should I not do any gaming till I replace it?

As for the GPU fan % suggestion, any guidance how to do that & are there any consequences?

No consequences, you can undo the changes easily.

1. Right click on you Windows Desktop.
2. Choose Catalyst Control Center from the right click menu.
3. Once CCC appears go to the Performance Tab on the menu on the left.
4. You will be asked to accept a user agreement, once you do you will be provided
with some sliders to adjust gpu clock, memory, and fan speed.
5. Change your fan settings and apply changes.

Now the steps above are from Catalyst 11.11 so it may have changed by now. Sorry about that since I use an Nvidia card now.
---