This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

damn all games suck now

#1x_stevey_xPosted 6/2/2012 2:35:03 PM
compared to diablo 3 . this game is spoiling me with amazingness
#2DiehardFFv2Posted 6/2/2012 2:36:12 PM
I know, I love when I'm on the road and can play anywhere regardless of my internet connection. Oh wait...
---
i5 3570k @4.3 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#3x_stevey_x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 2:37:27 PM
i love when i take my gaming desktop on the road with the intent to play any games .. oh wait . the only time i'd ever consider this even is if i went to a hotel or a friends. both of which have internet access
#4unsolidsnakePosted 6/2/2012 2:37:42 PM
Seriously, drop the "omg online all the time ruinz everything!!!!"

I have never in my life been away from an internet connection and wanted to play a pc game, ever. And if I was in that situation I would play a different game because that ONE game requires a connection.
---
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png
#5GuanedOnYouPosted 6/2/2012 2:38:54 PM
I love when I take my laptop on a long road trip/flight to play Diablo 3 and....either can't play at all or get atrocious ping while playing alone.
#6DiehardFFv2Posted 6/2/2012 2:42:27 PM

I have never in my life been away from an internet connection and wanted to play a pc game, ever. And if I was in that situation I would play a different game because that ONE game requires a connection.

Blizz drones are the best. Even better than the bio drones from my days on the SWTOR boards. I'm so glad that they're just now putting in features that should have been in there from release. I don't understand the thought rationale for people who think that whatever a publisher pushes out is gold and that you should just accept it for what it is even when it falls below the standards that the company set for itself in the past.
---
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#760secondAssasinPosted 6/2/2012 2:42:31 PM
lol.
---
"There is nothing new under EA." - Fony
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2363251
#8bigjig777Posted 6/2/2012 2:43:22 PM
Admittedly the need to play PC games on the road is kind of stupid argument that gets brought up against always online DRM. A much more relevant argument would be to refer to all the times you have access to an Internet connection, but the servers are down for "maintenance" (a much more likely scenario). What happens if Blizzard decide to shut down the servers for good?
---
Be water, my friend
#9SmoboHashPosted 6/2/2012 2:45:30 PM
My internet cuts out for a minute or two between two and twenty times a week. Always-online DRM frustrates me because i get kicked out of my games periodically.
#10GynthaeresPosted 6/2/2012 4:07:26 PM
unsolidsnake posted...

"I have no problems climbing stairs, so people need to stop whining about wheelchair access."
Basically, just because YOU don't have any issues doesn't mean NO ONE does.

And don't forget, it's not just about needing an internet connection all the time. It's about needing a GOOD connection. If you have a bad connection, or if you're sharing one, then even the single-player game is unplayable. Oh, and as has been mentioned, even if you do have a solid internet connection, you still can't play single-player if Blizzard's servers go down for whatever reason.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.