This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick question about Max Payne 3 and Steam

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick question about Max Payne 3 and Steam
4 years ago#1
I prefer retail copies opposed to digital downloads, and was wandering, if I buy Max Payne 3 from Walmart, can I still download it from Steam if I enter my code? My disk drive is broken at the moment, and I still prefer to have retail copies over digital.
4 years ago#2
Bump, anyone know?
4 years ago#3
I'm almost positive you can.
*The Opie and Anthony Show! XM 202 6am - 11am*
*The Ron and Fez Show! XM 202 12pm - 3pm*
4 years ago#4
Argh....damn broken dvd drive, not really broken my new mobo just doesn't have the proper adapter, anyway anyone know for sure whether I can redeem a store bought copy code on Steam and download the entire game off steam?
4 years ago#5
No, retail Max Payne 3 cannot be activated in Steam.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
4 years ago#6
DokDoom posted...
I'm almost positive you can.

Ignore this guy from now on. His "almost" positive is wrong XD

No retail is not redeemable on Steam.
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
4 years ago#7
You can, however, download the retail DVD and use your code with it.
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
4 years ago#8
Argh....damn broken dvd drive, not really broken my new mobo just doesn't have the proper adapter, anyway anyone know for sure whether I can redeem a store bought copy code on Steam and download the entire game off steam?

What do you mean your new mobo doesn't have the proper adapter? Is your DVD drive IDE? A new drive and a cable to connect it with would be ~20.00.
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
4 years ago#9
My mobo doesn't have IDE hook ups only sata, and my dvd drive only has ide, I can get an adapter for $5 shipped I believe but then I have to wait 3-5 days in the mail, which sucks because I'm only off on weekends which is why I want it asap as after work I have very little time to play the game, and the closest PC store Microcenter is about an hour an a half drive.

What do you mean download retail? Like a pirated copy?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick question about Max Payne 3 and Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived