This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games and Xbox Live

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC games and Xbox Live
3 years ago#1
I have just bought a new PC but I am historically an Xbox gamer.

I have linked my windows live ID to my XBOX gamertag.

Will I be able to earn achievements playing PC games that will show up on my Xbox. If so will they show up straight away?

Also if I have already played a game on xbox e.g Fable 3 will I be able to earn the same achievements via the PC game?

One more question, how do I know which PC games have achievements?

Thanks for your help.
3 years ago#2
In terms of Windows Live achievements, the game has to be a GFW or GFWL title. Yes it shows up in your xbox history and your friends list will be comprised of the same people that you connected with on XBL.
---
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz / Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
3 years ago#3
thanks mate.
3 years ago#4
Sorry but will I be able to earn achievements for PC games I have already played and earnt achievments for on my xbox e.g fable 2 and 3?
3 years ago#5
yes. they will show up as two separate games on your gamercard, each with their own separate achievements.
---
"There is nothing new under EA." - Fony
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2363251
3 years ago#6
60secondAssasin posted...
yes. they will show up as two separate games on your gamercard, each with their own separate achievements.

hurrah and thanks. I can now play F2 and get all the achievments again too!

One mor question. Can I use MSP points to buy PC games online from the Xbox/Windows site?
3 years ago#7
60secondAssasin posted...

hurrah and thanks. I can now play F2 and get all the achievments again too!

One mor question. Can I use MSP points to buy PC games online from the Xbox/Windows site?

No you can't. Fable 2 isn't on PC.

And yes you can.<br />
---
Pokemon White FC: Zippy [2923-8937-6607]
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
3 years ago#8
I highly recommend you jump off the cheevo collection bandwagon. I was fairly heavy into it myself and found that I was ruining good games by using guides or otherwise ruining the experience by trying for achievements over and above fun. They are great if you enjoy a game and want to get more out of it but please don't just strive for "gamerscore".

DV8ing1 74,173 GS... Not a proud number lol
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
3 years ago#9
DV8ingSources posted...
I highly recommend you jump off the cheevo collection bandwagon. I was fairly heavy into it myself and found that I was ruining good games by using guides or otherwise ruining the experience by trying for achievements over and above fun. They are great if you enjoy a game and want to get more out of it but please don't just strive for "gamerscore".

DV8ing1 74,173 GS... Not a proud number lol

THIS. THIS.

I have a co-worker that is the definition of an achievement whore. I ask him how he liked a game, and it's always, "it was okay, but it was a backbreaker getting all of the achievements (or just a single one)". I feel like he doesn't actually play the game for what it is and it's all about getting your gamerscore up. I hate it.
---
i5-2500k (@4.3GHz) Hyper 212+ | AsRock z68 Extreme3 | GTX 560 Ti 448 @(820/1980)
CM690 II Adv | G-Skill 2x4GB PC1600 | CM Silent Pro 700W
3 years ago#10
I'm glad I never got into that. It's a great way to extend the life of an already good game, but... ugh. What a waste of energy.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC games and Xbox Live

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived